- Full time
- @Grain Marketing Board (GMB) posted 2 months ago
- Posted : 18 April 2023 -Accepting applications
Career Level Qualified / Experienced
Experience 3 Years
What we do Agriculture / Farming & ForestryGovernment & Parastatals
Qualifications Bachelors Degree
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced personnel to fill the above-mentioned positions within the Grain Marketing Board. The incumbents will be reporting to the Computer Systems Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Initiates system backups for the SAP system, salaries system and in-house data to ensure there is no information loss.
- Maintains a register for software licenses, antivirus updates to safeguard against malware software.
- Liaise with the internal audit and enterprise risk in assessing the activities of users on the system during investigations to resolve corrupt activities.
- Develop, maintain, and monitor procedures for all server backups to safeguard against data loss.
- Send tapes on offsite backup to ensure security of data files.
- Records complains received from users facing challenges and relay message to the respective department for quick resolution of problems.
- Assists users resolve challenges encountered in using the system to promote efficiency.
- Creates users in the SAP system and assign profiles accordingly to new employees to ensure they access organisation systems.
- Develops procedures to maintain security and protect system from unauthorised use.
- Enforces the internet policy to ensure there is no misuse of internet during working hours.
- Authorises access to the system to users to ensure only permitted users have access to the system.
- Conducts asset reconciliations of all ICT hardware as well as establishing their condition for replacement.
- Contacts and liaises with service providers on their ICT products to ensure procureMent of genuine products.
- Any other related duties as assigned by the Superior.
Qualifications and Experience
- Degree in Information Systems/Computer Science or equivalent.
- Microsoft Certification (i.e. MCSE, MCSA, MCP-IT) is an added advantage.
- At least 3 years of experience in a similar role.
- Analytical mind.
- Creative and Innovative.
- Attention to detail.
- Teamwork and cooperation.
How to Apply
Applications accompanied with detailed Curriculum Vitae and certified copies of qualifications
Share this job with friends and relativesSorry, Applications have been closed.
Related Jobs in Zimbabwe
Technical Director Full time
External Evaluator Full time
Director Finance, Human Resources and Administration Full time
Youth Engagement Officer Full time
Innovation Hub Manager Full time