- Full time
- @EmpowerBank Limited posted 2 weeks ago
- Posted : 25 May 2023 -Accepting applications
Career Level Qualified / Experienced
Experience 2 Years
What we do Accounting / Banking & Finance
Qualifications Bachelors Degree
Empowerbank Limited is a leading financial institution in Zimbabwe that provides innovative and sustainable financial solutions to empower individuals and businesses.
Our aim is to be the bank of choice for all Zimbabweans by providing quality and reliable financial service and support.
Empowerbank Limited is seeking a Reconciliation Clerk to join their team. The Reconciliation Clerk will be responsible for reconciling the bank’s financial transactions, identifying discrepancies and variances, and resolving issues in a timely and accurate manner.
The ideal candidate should have experience in finance and accounting, as well as excellent attention to detail and analytical skills.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Process transactions in the Core banking system
- Client Interface and query resolution
- Settling with 3rd Parties e.g. Zimswitch timeously
- Preparation of channel and product reconciliations
- Reconcile bank statements and financial transactions, and ensure accuracy and completeness of data
- Identify discrepancies and variances, and investigate and resolve issues in a timely and accurate manner
- Prepare and analyze reports and financial statements, and provide recommendations to management
- Communicate with internal and external stakeholders, including customers, suppliers, and regulatory agencies
- Develop and maintain records and information systems, and ensure confidentiality and security of information
- Participate in internal and external audits, and provide support for compliance and risk management initiatives
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends and best practices related to finance and accounting, and incorporate them into the reconciliation process- Verify and reconcile all bank accounts, including general ledger accounts, daily transactions, and bank statements
- Investigate and resolve discrepancies in a timely and accurate manner, and escalate issues to management as necessary
- Ensure compliance with all regulatory requirements, and implement corrective actions as required
- Develop and maintain relationships with stakeholders, including customers, suppliers, and regulatory agencies
- Provide support for the month-end and year-end closing processes, and assist with the preparation of financial statements and reports
- Assist in the development and implementation of policies and procedures related to reconciliation processes
- Perform any other related duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Qualifications And Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or related field
- 2 years relevant working experience in the TREASURY BACK OFFICE IS A MUST
Copies of educational and professional qualifications must be attached to your CV or Application letter.
Share this job with friends and relativesSorry, Applications have been closed.
Related Jobs in Zimbabwe
Management Accountant Full time
Stores and Procurement Controller Full time
Assistant Accountant/Debtors Controller Full time
Director Finance, Human Resources and Administration Full time
Senior Accountant Full time