Workshop Manager – Flour Business Unit
- Full time
- @National Foods Holdings posted 1 month ago
- Posted : 23 January 2024 -Accepting applications
Career Level Supervisor / Manager
Experience 5 Years
What we do Food & BeveragesManufacturing & Warehousing
Qualifications Diploma level
Our client, a leading food manufacturer in the Flour Business Unit, is dedicated to providing high-quality food products to the nation. With a focus on excellence and continuous improvement, they have established themselves as a reputable player in the industry.
National Foods Holdings Limited is looking for a proactive and results-driven Workshop Manager to oversee the maintenance operations within the Flour Business Unit.
As the Workshop Manager, you will play a vital role in ensuring the effective maintenance and upkeep of operational equipment and facilities. This is an exciting opportunity to contribute to the nation’s food production and work alongside talented professionals in a dynamic environment.
- Lead the site Maintenance function in providing both reactive and proactive maintenance services for all operational equipment and facilities infrastructure.
- Drive operational effectiveness by improving project delivery and reducing downtime.
- Manage and implement improvement plans while ensuring compliance with Health, Safety, and Environmental requirements.
- Create and implement a planned maintenance system, with exposure to SAP system being an added advantage.
- Oversee the operational performance of the plant, including Buhler Milling machinery and equipment such as Roller mills, conveying equipment, and packing equipment.
- Manage the installation and commissioning process of new equipment in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders.
- Ensure contractors on site meet legal and company requirements.
- Coach and develop a high-performing maintenance team.
- Prepare the annual Maintenance budget and provide input in Capital expenditure proposals.
- Demonstrate exceptional report writing skills.
- Act as the responsible person for Safety, Health, and Environment (SHE) on site.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum of 5 years’ relevant experience in a similar role.
- Relevant engineering degree, HND, or BTech Professional qualification.
- Qualification in Project Management.
- Highly computer literate.
- Background in electrical and instrumentation (PLCs & VSDs) is an added advantage.
- Exposure to Apprenticeship training is an added advantage.
- Competence in problem-solving, team building, planning, and decision-making.
If you are looking for an opportunity to join an established business and further your career, please email your application no later than Friday, 26th January. National Foods Ltd offers a rewarding work environment, opportunities for personal and professional development, and recognizes and rewards individual and team performance.
Share this job with friends and relativesSorry, Applications have been closed.