- Full time
- @Work In Zimbabwe posted 6 days ago
- Posted : 17 March 2023 -Accepting applications
Career Level Qualified / Experienced
Experience 2 Years
What we do Construction / Engineering
Qualifications Certificate level
A local construction company is looking for two highly talented welders to join their dynamic team. They are seeking a hardworking professional who likes meeting challenges and surpassing client expectations. Your chief responsibilities will include interpreting designs, monitoring machinery, and assessing welded components.
To excel in this role, you should have in-depth knowledge of welding machinery and electrical equipment. The successful candidate will also have a steady hand and outstanding attention to detail.
- Interpret blueprints, drawings, and measurements to plan layouts.
- Weld small and large components such as copper plumbing, beams, and pipelines.
- Use specialized machinery for industrial welding and oversee machines that perform the same job.
- Maintain and repair all machinery.
- Assess welded surfaces, structures and components to identify errors.
- Follow and enforce strict safety regulations such as wearing heat-resistant gloves, protective masks, and safety shoes.
- Monitor machinery for appropriate usage and temperature.
- Weld components in flat, vertical, and overhead positions.
- A qualification in welding from a reputable institution is preferred.
- At least 2 years of experience as a welder.
- Excellent knowledge of welding machinery, electrical equipment, and manual tools.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and designs.
Related Jobs in Zimbabwe
Civil & Structural Expert – Zimbabwe Power Company (ZPC) Full time