Waste to Energy Engineer
- Full time
- @iHR Active posted 2 weeks ago
- Posted : 25 May 2023 -Accepting applications
- Salary: $2,000.00 - $2,829.00 / Month
Career Level Qualified / Experienced
Experience 5 Years
What we do Construction / EngineeringManufacturing & Warehousing
Qualifications Professional CourseBachelors Degree
Our client is seeking a Waste to Energy Engineer to join their team. As a Waste to Energy Engineer, you will be responsible for designing, developing, and managing waste-to-energy projects, including the conversion of waste into usable energy and the implementation of sustainable waste management practices.
Waste to Energy (WtE) is the process of converting waste materials into usable energy, such as electricity, heat, or fuel. As a Waste to Energy Engineer, you will be responsible for designing, developing, and managing projects that convert waste materials into usable energy.
This includes identifying and evaluating the most appropriate technologies for specific waste streams, and implementing sustainable waste management practices to minimize waste and maximize energy recovery.
- Developing detailed designs;
- Doing feasibility assessments and site inspections;
- Preparing and implementing project plans;
- Researching and providing estimates for projects
- Reviewing government regulations and ordinances;
- Making recommendations or presenting alternative solutions to problems;
- Confidently liaising with other professional subcontractors;
- Project management duties (e.g. managing budgets, resources, and deadlines; acquiring and compiling quotes, etc.).
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical/chemical engineering or related field, accredited by the Institution of Engineers;
- Registration/Licensure as a professional engineer may be required;
- A minimum of 5 years of industry knowledge may be strongly desired;
- experience in Landfill construction
- Experience in managing huge construction projects;
- Familiarity with design software, such as Autodesk, AutoCAD Civil 3D, and Micro Station;
- Knowledge of map creation software and photo imaging software;
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills, with a high level of accuracy in calculations and design;
- Excellent time management skills to ensure project deadlines are met;
- Leadership skills to effectively manage a diverse group of professionals working on one project;
- Ability to coordinate more than one project at a time.
- NET salary of $2000.00USD, $2829.48 Gross Salary;
- 100 litres of fuel allocation per month;
- Coral Package First Mutual Medical Aid.
CVs should be submitted along with two (2) reference letters from employers in the past 5 years
Our client is committed to providing a dynamic and challenging work environment that encourages innovation and growth. They offer a competitive salary and benefits package, as well as opportunities for professional development and advancement within the company.
If you are a Waste to Energy Engineer with a passion for designing and managing waste-to-energy projects, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity to join our client’s team.
Share this job with friends and relatives
Related Jobs in Zimbabwe
Corporate Services Director Full time
Technical Director Full time
External Evaluator Full time
Youth Engagement Officer Full time
Innovation Hub Manager Full time