- @Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) posted 2 weeks ago
- Posted : 20 November 2023 -Accepting applications
Career Level Qualified / Experienced
Experience 2 Years
What we do NGO / NPO & CharityHealth / Medical services
Qualifications Diploma level
MSF (Médecins Sans Frontières) is a renowned international humanitarian organization dedicated to providing medical assistance and support to populations affected by crises and emergencies worldwide.
With a strong commitment to delivering quality healthcare services, MSF has been at the forefront of medical interventions in Zimbabwe and beyond. We value diversity, inclusivity, and teamwork, and strive to make a positive impact on the lives of those in need.
MSF is looking for a detail-oriented and organized Warehouse/Pharmacy Storekeeper to join our dynamic team. As a Warehouse/Pharmacy Storekeeper, you will play a critical role in managing and maintaining our stock inventory and ensuring the smooth operation of warehousing spaces. Your dedication and expertise will directly contribute to the efficient provision of basic healthcare services in Gwanda District.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee the safe and secure storage of materials in accordance with MSF procedures, including monitoring and regulating temperature, dust, pests, visitors, shelves, labels, and reception areas.
- Receive orders and deliveries, meticulously checking for any potential discrepancies against delivery notes or cargo manifests.
- Update the stock monitoring system (stock cards or databases) after receiving or preparing the dispatch of goods.
- Participate in periodic physical stock counts to ensure accurate inventory records.
- Prepare orders for dispatch, carefully packing items based on fragility, weight, and transportation requirements, and providing detailed information on items, weight, destination, waybills, mode of transport, etc.
- Monitor stock thresholds, stockouts, and expiry dates, generating regular stock reports to facilitate efficient supply management.
- Collaborate with other supply-related functions and personnel to ensure seamless coordination and effective communication.
- Adhere to all legislative instruments and procedures for medical supplies, demonstrating a clear understanding and experience in maintaining compliance.
- Utilize Unifield or any ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) system and Microsoft Office packages to perform job-related tasks efficiently.
- Exhibit strong command of English and local languages to facilitate effective communication with colleagues and stakeholders.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Diploma in Warehouse Management, Procurement, Logistics, or Supply Chain Management.
- Minimum of two years of work experience in warehousing, stores, or supply management, preferably in an NGO environment.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work effectively in an international and intercultural context.
- Demonstrated motivation to work in a humanitarian setting with a strong team spirit.
- Flexibility and ability to work under pressure, adapt to changing priorities, and meet deadlines.
- Clear understanding and experience of legislative instruments and procedures related to medical supplies.
- Proficiency in using Unifield or other ERP systems and Microsoft Office packages.
- Fluent command of English and local languages.
Interested candidates meeting the above criteria should forward their detailed CVs & motivation letter indicating the
position being applied for on or before 21 November 2023.
Share this job with friends and relativesSorry, Applications have been closed.
Related Jobs in Zimbabwe
Marketing Officer Full time