- @Musasa Project posted 4 weeks ago
- Posted : 4 February 2024 -Accepting applications
Career Level Qualified / Experienced
Experience 1 Year
What we do NGO / NPO & Charity
Qualifications Registered / Valid LicenseDiploma level
Musasa Project is a national non-governmental organization (NGO) that started its work in 1988 with a focus on addressing violence against women (VAW) in Zimbabwe.
Our organization provides direct support to survivors of gender-based violence (GBV) through psychosocial assistance, emergency medical aid, legal advice, shelters, and livelihood support. We also conduct community outreach and advocacy activities to raise awareness and prevent GBV. Musasa Project operates a one-stop center in Harare, along with regional offices in Bulawayo, Gweru, Mutare, and Masvingo.
Musasa Project is seeking a dedicated and compassionate Volunteer Counsellor to join our dynamic team in Harare. As a Volunteer Counsellor, you will play a vital role in providing day-to-day counseling and support to survivors of gender-based violence (GBV).
Your responsibilities will include offering counseling sessions, conducting case follow-up and management, coordinating with GBV referral partners, and raising awareness about available services. We are looking for individuals with counseling qualifications and a passion for supporting survivors. This is a volunteer position that offers an opportunity to make a positive impact and contribute to the prevention of GBV.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide day-to-day counseling sessions to survivors of Gender-Based Violence (GBV).
- Conduct case follow-up and management, including both group and individual counseling.
- Coordinate with partners in the GBV referral pathway to ensure comprehensive support.
- Disseminate information about available GBV services to surrounding communities.
- Participate in outreach and demand creation activities to raise awareness about GBV response services.
- Stay updated on new topics, issues, and disciplines relevant to counseling survivors of GBV.
- Collaborate effectively with colleagues and stakeholders, attending meetings and contributing insights.
- Utilize Microsoft Office tools effectively for documentation and reporting purposes.
- Demonstrate flexibility with time and adaptability to the needs of survivors and the organization.
- Adhere to Musasa’s Safeguarding Policy and conduct oneself in accordance with its provisions.
Qualifications and Experience:
- At least a Diploma in Counselling, Social Work, or a qualification in Psychology.
- Registration with the Allied Health Professions Council of Zimbabwe.
- Registration with the Council of Social Workers Zimbabwe (for Social Workers).
- Experience with a call center would be an advantage.
- At least 1-year experience in a similar role.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office effectively.
- Ability to quickly understand and absorb new topics, issues, and disciplines.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Fluency in local languages, including Ndebele and Shona, is preferred.
To apply for the position of Volunteer Counsellor, please send your application cover letter, CV, and three (3) traceable references on or before 9 February 2024.
Share this job with friends and relativesSorry, Applications have been closed.