- Full time
- @Zimbabwe Red Cross Society posted 2 months ago
- Posted : 5 January 2024 -Accepting applications
Career Level Supervisor / Manager
Experience 5 Years
What we do NGO / NPO & CharityHealth / Medical services
Qualifications Bachelors DegreeDiploma level
The Zimbabwe Red Cross Society is a voluntary organization that aims to alleviate the suffering of vulnerable communities. As a member of the global Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement, it operates under the Zimbabwe Red Cross Society Act of Parliament and has branches throughout the country.
The organization provides assistance to orphans and vulnerable children, the elderly, the chronically ill, the HIV infected and affected, the elderly and widowed, and other disadvantaged members of the community. It also plays a crucial role in responding to both natural and manmade disasters in collaboration with the Civil Protection Unit.
The Zimbabwe Red Cross Society is seeking a Vice Principal to join their dynamic team. The Vice Principal will assist in running the Red Cross Independent College in Harare. This role requires strong leadership skills, a passion for education, and the ability to ensure the smooth functioning of the school.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assume responsibility for the school in the absence of the Head.
- Chair the disciplinary committee, attend to disciplinary matters of pupils and staff, and report recommendations to the Head.
- Implement and manage the performance management system.
- Collaborate with the Head to develop the school timetable.
- Prepare termly programs and coordinate school functions.
- Receive and verify mark schedules and school reports.
- Organize and oversee school examinations at all levels.
- Supervise teachers’ professional duties, monitor their attendance and punctuality, and oversee their participation in co-curricular activities.
- Write reports and testimonials for pupils.
- Assign duties to teachers and ensure effective operation of prefects and co-curricular systems.
- Check registers to maintain attendance records.
- Plan and conduct staff development workshops.
- Assist the Head in pupil enrollment and promoting a positive image of the school.
- Procure and distribute teaching materials in consultation with the Head, HODs, and teachers.
- Compile class lists, house lists, and duty rosters, ensuring teachers fulfill assigned duties.
- Monitor the general cleanliness of the school buildings, grounds, and toilets.
- Facilitate the induction and orientation of new pupils and teachers.
- Collaborate with the Head to establish clear and attainable aims and goals for the school.
- Act as a classroom practitioner, delivering effective teaching when required.
- Foster student and staff discipline, spirit, and business ethics.
- Perform any other duties assigned or delegated by the Head.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Holder of a Secondary Teacher’s Diploma.
- Possession of a relevant degree from a reputable university is a must.
- Minimum of 5 years working experience in a senior-level position in a private school setting.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work collaboratively as a team player.
- High level of computer literacy.
- Familiarity with Education Policies, Procedures, Rules, and Regulations.
- Self-driven, analytical, organized, result-driven, and skilled in report writing.
Remuneration and Incentives:
Competitive salary and benefits package will be offered. Details will be discussed during the interview process.
Interested candidates should email their application letter and CV, addressed to The Secretary General. The deadline for applications is 05 January 2024.
Share this job with friends and relativesSorry, Applications have been closed.