Student Residence and Campus Life Coordinator
- Full time
- @Bindura University of Science Education (BUSE) posted 1 week ago
- Posted : 11 February 2024 -Accepting applications
Career Level Qualified / Experienced
Experience 2 Years
What we do Education / Teaching & Training
Qualifications Bachelors Degree
Bindura University of Science Education (BUSE) is a prestigious Zimbabwean university that offers a wide range of courses in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics, Science Education, Commerce, and Social Sciences.
With its commitment to excellence in education, BUSE provides students with a conducive learning environment and opportunities for personal and academic growth.
Bindura University of Science Education (BUSE) is looking for a dedicated and dynamic Student Residence and Campus Life Coordinator to join our esteemed institution.
As the Student Residence and Campus Life Coordinator, you will play a vital role in fostering a vibrant and inclusive community within our halls of residence. This position offers a competitive salary package and an opportunity to make a meaningful impact on the lives of our students.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Contribute to all aspects of residential settings, including the arrival and departure processes.
- Resolve complaints and address maintenance issues related to accommodation.
- Allocate University accommodation and ensure efficient utilization of resources.
- Oversee the day-to-day management of the accommodation portfolio, including disciplinary actions and conflict resolution.
- Provide life skills training and support to students living in halls of residence.
- Offer excellent customer service, providing advice and information to residents and potential customers.
- Assist in the income management process to support residential student development activities.
- Provide administrative support for the Residential & Campus Life office operations.
- Accurately input residential student data into computerized record systems.
- Prepare and present regular reports and statistical data as required.
- Respond to queries and provide information to residents, students, and other individuals through various channels.
- Organize social and hall events to enhance the overall student experience in the halls of residence.
- Conduct regular health and safety inspections to ensure compliance with relevant policies and procedures.
- Participate in University Open Days, Open Evenings, and promotional events.
- Perform other reasonable duties assigned by the Dean of Students.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Education, Social Sciences, Sociology, or a business-related field.
- A master’s degree would be an added advantage.
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience in a University setting, preferably with hall of residence supervisory experience.
Desirable Skills and Attributes:
- Ability to support and engage with international students and processes.
- Strong ability to build professional relationships with students, staff, and external stakeholders.
- Effective time management and prioritization skills with excellent attention to detail.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Self-motivated and able to work well in a team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work with minimal supervision, act tactfully and discretely, and handle pressure and meet deadlines.
- Forward-thinking and adaptable to change, with a customer-focused mindset.
- Positive, enthusiastic, and proactive attitude.
How to Apply:
Interested and qualified candidates should submit one set of their applications merged in continuous PDF format. The application should include an application letter, certified copies of educational certificates, transcripts, National ID, Birth Certificate, and a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae outlining personal details, qualifications, previous employment and experience, contact details, present salary, date of availability, and at least three referees.
Share this job with friends and relativesSorry, Applications have been closed.