- Full time
- @Work In Zimbabwe posted 1 month ago
- Posted : 10 January 2024 -Accepting applications
Career Level Qualified / Experienced
Experience 1 Year
What we do Other professional services
Qualifications Diploma level
The Biomedical Research and Training Institute (BRTI) is a renowned institution dedicated to improving healthcare and research in Zimbabwe.
With a strong partnership with the Ministry of Health and Child Care of Zimbabwe (MOHCC) and funding from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), BRTI plays a vital role in implementing the Laboratory Systems Strengthening (LSS) Work Plan.
Joining BRTI means becoming part of a dynamic team committed to making a positive impact on public health. BRTI is looking for a motivated and skilled Stores Officer to join the organization’s LSS Project.
As a Stores Officer, you will be responsible for managing the inventory and distribution of consumables for the program. This is a crucial role that supports the efficient operation of the laboratory systems and contributes to the overall success of the LSS Project. In addition to a fulfilling career, this position offers competitive remuneration and benefits.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Receive and dispatch all consumables for the program, ensuring accurate documentation and timely delivery.
- Maintain detailed records of all consumables, including stock levels, allocation to various sites, and monthly reports.
- Track performance fees and courier charges associated with the procurement and distribution of supplies.
- Maintain the Asset Register for the organization, ensuring accurate and up-to-date information on equipment and supplies.
- Collaborate with team members to identify and address any issues related to inventory management and stock control.
- Conduct regular inspections of the storage areas to ensure proper organization, cleanliness, and compliance with safety standards.
- Coordinate with suppliers to ensure timely delivery of consumables and resolve any discrepancies or quality concerns.
- Assist in the development and implementation of standard operating procedures (SOPs) for stores management.
- Provide support during audits and participate in the resolution of audit findings related to stores management.
- Perform any other duties assigned by the management to support the efficient operation of the LSS Project.
- Degree or Diploma in Logistics or a related field.
- Valid registration with a Professional Body is an added advantage.
- 1-2 years of experience in stores management or logistics.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Attention to detail and ability to maintain accurate records.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in computer applications, including MS Office.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team
Share this job with friends and relativesSorry, Applications have been closed.