- Full time
- @CMED Private Limited posted 2 weeks ago
- Posted : 26 May 2023 -Accepting applications
Career Level Qualified / Experienced
Experience 2 Years
What we do Automotive & Car Accessories
Qualifications Diploma level
CMED (Central Mechanical and Engineering Department) is a state-owned enterprise in Zimbabwe that provides logistics and transportation services. The company was established in 1980 and is responsible for the maintenance and repair of government-owned vehicles and equipment.
We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced Stores Officer (Grade 8) to join our team in Bulawayo and help manage our inventory and stock control systems.
The Stores Officer will be responsible for managing the inventory and stock control systems of the organization, including the receipt, storage, and issuance of goods and materials.
The position is responsible for the administration of the records system as well as ensuring their safekeeping and provision of office consumables to staff. The successful candidate will work closely with the procurement team to ensure the availability of materials and supplies for our operations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Managing the inventory and stock control systems of the organization
- Liaise with the Divisional Heads and Senior Management of stock levels.
- Writing monthly situation reports.
- Checking the trend of expenditure as per purchases made timeously.
- Raising chaser lists for outstanding suppliers.
- Receive an (IPR) internal purchase requisition from any of the departments and analyse it to check for authorisation from respective Managers and correct specifications to ensure that the right goods are purchased or sourced.
- Ensure that motor spares are packed orderly onto shelves to ensure easy retrieval and accessibility of spares.
- Supervise Stores Assistants to ensure that they are inputting on all stores documents to ensure compliance of stores policy and procedures.
- Receiving and verifying goods and materials received from suppliers
- Storing goods and materials in a safe and organized manner
- Issuing goods and materials to the appropriate departments and staff
- Maintaining accurate and up-to-date records of inventory and stock levels
- Conducting regular stock checks and reconciliations
- Assisting with the procurement process, including sourcing and ordering of materials
- Coordinating with other departments and branches as needed
- Participating in training and development activities as required
- Assisting with other tasks and projects as needed
Qualifications and Experience:
- 5 ‘0’ Level passes including English Language, Maths and or Accounts.
- Diploma in Purchasing and Supply or Inventory Management.
- A qualification in CIPS is an added advantage.
- 2 to 3 years of relevant experience.
Share this job with friends and relatives
Related Jobs in Zimbabwe
Stores and Procurement Controller Full time
Procurement and IT Officer Full time
Stock Controller: Finished Goods Full time
Procurement Intern Internship
Graduate Trainee: Procurement Full time