Service Technicians (Junior, Mid & Senior)
- Full time
- @iHR Active posted 1 month ago
- Posted : 17 August 2023 -Accepting applications
Career Level Qualified / Experienced
Experience 1 Year
What we do Other professional services
Qualifications Bachelors Degree
Our client, based in Gauteng, South Africa, is seeking experienced and dedicated Service Technicians (Junior, Mid & Senior) to provide service, maintenance, and engineering support for their products.
As a Service Technician, you will be responsible for conducting scheduled service visits, performing installations and commissioning of equipment, managing sub-contractors, and ensuring efficient cost control.
The role requires travel within South Africa and certain Sub-Saharan African countries, occasional international travel, and flexibility to work on weekends and overtime.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide service, maintenance, and engineering support for the company’s products.
- Conduct scheduled service visits to customers, perform machine audits, and report potential problems to the customer.
- Assist in project planning and project management, including site inspections, measuring, approving drawings, and placing orders for local components.
- Install and commission new equipment supplied by the company.
- Manage sub-contractors during installations, ensuring work is performed to specification.
- Control costings on installations and service work, maintain records of work performed, costs incurred, and spare parts used for invoicing purposes.
- Prepare reports for customers, principle suppliers, and company management on service visits and installations.
- Liaise with overseas principle suppliers for fault finding on equipment.
- Collaborate effectively within a team environment.
- Travel locally or internationally for service work, contract work, or training.
- Be available to work overtime regularly and on weekends.
- Adhere to safety guidelines and promote a safe working environment.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Mandatory: Electrical or Mechanical Engineering Degree.
- Previous experience in the food processing industry, specifically poultry and red meat, is beneficial.
- Exceptional command of spoken and written English.
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently and in a team.
- Willingness to travel and work away from home for extended periods of time.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Salary will be relative to experience and a monthly gross amount.
- Benefits include a 50% contribution towards Discovery Hospital Plan,
- Contribution to Discovery Provident Fund,
- Company vehicle,
- Use of cell phone and laptop computer,
- Employee profit share scheme after two years of continuous service.
CVs should be sent along with two (2) reference letters from employers within the past 5 years.
Share this job with friends and relativesSorry, Applications have been closed.