Senior Software Engineer
- Full time
- @Work In Zimbabwe posted 1 week ago
- Posted : 19 March 2023 -Accepting applications
Career Level Supervisor / Manager
Experience 2 Years
What we do Computers & IT & Telecoms
Qualifications Practical experience only
Velocity Tech Inc. which specializes in software & application development with a focus on database and application integration with eCommerce systems is calling for applications from suitably qualified and experienced candidates to fill the following post which has fallen vacant within their organisation.
Senior Software Engineer Job Description
The senior software engineer will design and implement new systems and features, as well as modify and maintain existing systems for adaptation to business and/or technology changes. The senior software engineer engages directly with IT management, development teams, technical delivery teams, and vendors to ensure the successful design, development, and delivery of technology-based solutions.
To be successful as a senior software engineer, you should be able to drive the software change and release management processes, assisting with the overall maturity of the software development lifecycle. Ultimately, a top-notch senior software engineer will ensure that software deliverables comply with quality standards and are completed on time.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with developers to design algorithms and flowcharts.
- Produce clean, efficient code based on specifications.
- Integrate software components and third-party programs.
- Verify and deploy programs and systems.
- Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade existing software.
- Gather and evaluate user feedback.
- Recommend and execute improvements.
- Create technical documentation for reference and reporting.
Qualifications and Experience
- Proven experience as a Software Developer, Software Engineer or similar role.
- Familiarity with agile development methodologies.
- Experience with software design and development in a cloud based test-driven environment
- Experience with databases and Object-Relational Mapping (ORM) frameworks (e.g. Hibernate)
- Ability to learn new languages and technologies.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Resourcefulness and troubleshooting aptitude.
- Attention to detail.
Share this job with friends and relativesSorry, Applications have been closed.
Related Jobs in Zimbabwe
ICT Support Officer – Bulawayo Full time
Data Capture Clerk Full time
Social Media Manager Full time
2-year Graduate Traineeship Program Internship
Cyber Security Engineer Full time