- Full time
- @Gwanda State University (GSU) posted 4 days ago
- Posted : 19 March 2023 -Accepting applications
Career Level Supervisor / Manager
Experience 5 Years
What we do Education / Teaching & Training
Qualifications Diploma level
Gwanda State University (GSU) – a state higher education institution located in Gwanda, Zimbabwe – is inviting applications from suitably qualified and experienced individuals who wish to fill in the following position that has fallen vacant at the university.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervising security guards in shift systems through Sergeants.
- Promoting lawful behaviour of students and staff on campus.
- Carrying out investigations.
- Producing reports of criminal cases that may arise.
- Carrying out searches, patrols and premise inspections.
- Assisting in the development of training plans/programmes and conducting security staff training.
- Records management and maintenance of discipline within the shift.
- Carrying out security and risk management awareness campaigns and comprehensive security surveys and make recommendations to superiors.
- Advising Superiors on matters of security concern.
- Parading security detail.
- Attending to requests for security guard deployments within the University.
Qualifications and Experience
- Applicants must have at least a diploma in Risk and Security Management/ Police/Prosecution Studies/Law and Policing from a recognised Tertiary Institution.
- A Degree in Risk and Security Management/ Police Studies/ Law and Policing or Social Science is an added advantage.
- Five (5) ordinary level passes including English Language
- Candidates must possess at least five (5) years of experience of which two (2) years must be in a supervisory position in the security services sector.
- The candidate must be a team player, honest, mature, professional, and hardworking. Comprehensive understanding of physical security systems is a must.
- Medical Aid, Leave and Pension Benefits are offered. The information on salary and other benefits will be made available to the short-listed candidates.
How to Apply
Applications should comprise a single continuous PDF file which contains the following: Application letter, certified copies of educational and professional certificates, national identity card, birth certificate and curriculum vitae giving full personal particulars including full name, place and date of birth, qualifications and previous employment and experience, present salary, date of availability, telephone number, email address, names and addresses of three referees including email addresses.
Related Jobs in Zimbabwe
Procurement Assistant Full time
Covid-19 Vaccination Coordinator Temporary
Program Communications Associate Temporary
Social Worker Attachment Internship
ICT and Marketing Officer Full time