School Secretary: Bindura – Job Ref: HGGS/15/11/23
- Full time
- @SOS Children’s Villages Zimbabwe posted 3 weeks ago
- Posted : 16 November 2023 -Accepting applications
Career Level Qualified / Experienced
Experience 3 Years
What we do Education / Teaching & Training
Qualifications Diploma level
SOS Children’s Villages Zimbabwe is a reputable and well-established social development organization that has been working globally since its inception in 1949.
As a member of SOS International, our organization is dedicated to meeting the needs and safeguarding the rights of children without parental care, as well as those at risk of losing it. We provide a nurturing family home and educational opportunities to vulnerable children, while also working to strengthen families and reduce poverty.
SOS Children’s Villages Zimbabwe is looking for a detail-oriented and highly organized School Secretary to join our dynamic team in Bindura. As a School Secretary, you will play a vital role in providing administrative support to the Head of School’s office, as well as undertaking routine administrative tasks. Join our team and contribute to the well-being and educational opportunities for children in need.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform private and confidential secretarial filing and reception duties for the School Office.
- Act as a liaison between the Principal, employees, students, and parents, answering questions and providing necessary information.
- Draft routine correspondence and ensure accuracy, completeness, neatness, and professionalism.
- Input and monitor information using the Pastel database.
- Prioritize critical activities and manage work schedule to ensure timely task completion.
- Proofread written correspondence for errors or omissions.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing, with the School Principal and staff members.
- Manage the Principal’s calendar, schedule appointments, and organize various meetings.
- Draft meeting minutes and ensure timely completion of agreed-upon actions.
- Research, compile, and prepare administrative and clerical reports, presentations, and documents using MS Word, PowerPoint, or Excel.
- Control and check staff leave applications, processing forms through the Human Resources Office.
- Provide support in organizing school functions and events.
- Prepare, monitor, and correlate requisitions and signatures for procurement.
- Maintain a variety of financial and statistical records and accounts related to school activities.
- Independently plan and manage maintenance tasks and report preparation.
- Prepare payment requisitions for processing invoices and reimbursements for high school staff members.
- Arrange substitutes for teachers on leave and assist with maintenance requests.
- Coordinate with the Activities Coordinator to make travel arrangements for staff and students.
- Provide support during emergency drills or actual events.
- Complete other duties as assigned by the School Principal or School Coordinator.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Executive Secretarial Diploma or relevant qualification.
- Minimum of 3 years of executive secretarial experience, preferably in a school setting.
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and other relevant programs.
- Experience working with a school database, such as Pastel.
If you believe you have the suitable qualifications and experience for the School Secretary position, please submit your detailed curriculum vitae (CV) and photocopies of academic certificates no later than November 24, 2023.
Share this job with friends and relativesSorry, Applications have been closed.