- Full time
- @Rural Electrification Fund (REF) posted 1 month ago
- Posted : 19 August 2023 -Accepting applications
Career Level Qualified / Experienced
Experience 3 Years
What we do Energy Fuels & Power
Qualifications Diploma level
The Rural Electrification Fund (REF) is a dynamic and forward-thinking statutory body governed by the Rural Electrification Fund Act (Chapter 13:20).
With a strong commitment to rural infrastructure development, REF plays a vital role in the electrification of rural areas in Zimbabwe. Since its inception, REF has been instrumental in bringing electricity to remote communities, positively impacting the lives of thousands of individuals and contributing to the overall development of rural Zimbabwe.
Rural Electrification Fund (REF) is currently seeking a skilled and detail-oriented Salaries Clerk to join their team. The role requires strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and a solid understanding of payroll procedures.
The Salaries Clerk will be responsible for accurately processing employee salaries, maintaining payroll records, and ensuring compliance with relevant regulations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Process monthly payroll accurately and promptly, ensuring compliance with legal and regulatory requirements.
- Maintain employee records, including salary details, tax information, and benefits.
- Respond to employee inquiries regarding payroll, benefits, and deductions.
- Prepare and distribute pay slips, ensuring confidentiality and accuracy.
- Reconcile payroll accounts and resolve any discrepancies.
- Stay updated on changes in payroll laws and regulations to ensure compliance.
- Generate payroll reports for management and statutory reporting purposes.
- Assist with other administrative tasks related to human resources and finance as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum of 5 ‘O’ Levels, including English and Mathematics/Accounts.
- Diploma in Business Studies, Salaries Administration, or Personnel Management.
- Additional Diploma in Accounting will be considered an advantage.
- Possession of a Class 4 Driver’s License.
- At least 3 years of relevant experience in payroll administration.
- Proficiency in using payroll software and Microsoft Office applications.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy in data entry and record-keeping.
- Excellent organizational, time management, and communication skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and handle sensitive information.
Share this job with friends and relatives