Risk and Loss Control Officer
- Full time
- @iHR Active posted 2 weeks ago
- Posted : 15 May 2023 -Accepting applications
- Salary: $600.00 / Month
Career Level Qualified / Experienced
Experience 2 Years
What we do Other professional services
Qualifications Bachelors Degree
Our client is a reputable organization committed to providing high-quality products and services to its customers. As part of its commitment to risk management and loss prevention, our client is seeking a skilled and experienced Risk and Loss Control Officer to join its team.
The Risk and Loss Control Officer will be responsible for identifying, assessing, and mitigating risks that could lead to financial loss or harm to the organization’s reputation.
The Officer will work closely with various departments to ensure compliance with established policies and procedures, develop risk management strategies, and provide guidance on loss control measures.
The ideal candidate should have strong analytical and problem-solving skills, excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.
- To lead in carrying out enterprise-wide investigative fact-findings into all allegations and all types of crimes or misconduct, including cases of fraud, theft, bribery, corruption, regulatory breaches and internal policy violations committed within and against the organization by both internal and external parties;
- Identify operational areas and employee habits that are vulnerable to theft and pilferage and enhance loss minimization in these areas;
- Carry out random audits in all departments to check for unreported losses and possible losses;
- Verify authenticity of debtors;
- Conducting random checks on:
- New customers;
- In arrears clients/ defaulters;
- Bad debts and;
- Bad debts written off, checking on existence, correctness of balances, terms, disbursements, and payments made;
- Conducts forensic interviewing and other investigative research activities on suspects and witnesses as required by the matter, and maintain case files;
- Prepares case prosecution documentation, reporting and handing over investigated cases for criminal/civil prosecution and internal disciplinary action;
- Formulate loss detection procedures and ensure compliance;
- Conducts post-incident (fraud/ misconduct) control reviews to identify root causes to avoid recurrence in future;
- Check information on receipt books, payments vouchers, loan forms and other controlled documents to confirm correctness of information and compliance to procedures;
- Verify company assets existence, usage and condition;
- Check for collateral security existence, validity and authenticity of ownership documents.
- Degree in Risk and Forensics;
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in commercial crimes investigations and intelligence with clean record of service;
- Clean class 4 driver’s license;
- Professional body membership is an added advantage;
- A good communicator with excellent observation and listening skills;
- Patient, agile, and swift in execution;
- Good judgement and attention to detail.
- USD 600 Gross Salary
CVs should be sent along with two (2) reference letters from employers within the past 5 years.
Share this job with friends and relativesSorry, Applications have been closed.
Related Jobs in Zimbabwe
Reconciliations Manager Full time
Sales Consultant Full time
Business Advisor Full time