Regional Manager – Matabeleland South
- Full time
- @Zimbabwe School Examinations Council (ZIMSEC) posted 2 weeks ago
- Posted : 20 November 2023 -Accepting applications
Career Level Supervisor / Manager
Experience 5 Years
What we do Education / Teaching & TrainingGovernment & Parastatals
Qualifications Bachelors Degree
Zimbabwe School Examinations Council (ZIMSEC) is an internationally accredited autonomous parastatal under the Ministry of Primary and Secondary Education in Zimbabwe.
As an esteemed examinations board, ZIMSEC is responsible for assessing, evaluating, and documenting the academic readiness, learning progress, and skill acquisition of students at primary and secondary school levels. Join our reputable organization and contribute to the educational landscape of Zimbabwe.
Zimbabwe School Examinations Council (ZIMSEC) is looking for a results-driven Regional Manager to oversee operations at our Regional Office. As the interface between the Ministry of Primary and Secondary Education and the Council, the Regional Manager will play a vital role in coordinating all activities related to Grade 7, ‘O’ Level, and Advanced Level examinations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan, organize, lead, and control all examination activities within the region.
- Coordinate center inspections and registration of examination centers.
- Spearhead the E-registration process in the region and address candidate entry-related matters.
- Monitor the recruitment of Grade Seven (7) Markers.
- Coordinate the marking of practical subjects/coursework and Grade 7 Examinations in the region, including the collection and submission of marks.
- Manage the distribution of question papers and collection of scripts.
- Investigate cases of suspected malpractice.
- Ensure accountability for all ZIMSEC assets within the region.
- Act as a liaison between ZIMSEC Head Office and stakeholders.
- Perform other duties assigned by relevant authorities from time to time.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Hold a University Degree in Education Management, Strategic Management, or Administration. A Master’s Degree is an added advantage.
- Possess extensive experience as an Educationist at the level of a Headmaster, Deputy Head, or Education Officer for a minimum of 5 years.
- Have experience in conducting and supervising examinations.
- Capable of training Heads of Centres and Invigilators in the conduct of examinations.
- Hold a clean class 4 driver’s license.
To apply, interested and qualified individuals should submit a single PDF file containing their application, curriculum vitae, and educational/professional qualifications. The application should include contact telephone numbers and the names of at least three referees.
Share this job with friends and relativesSorry, Applications have been closed.