- Full time
- @Work In Zimbabwe posted 1 week ago
- Posted : 19 March 2023 -Accepting applications
Career Level Qualified / Experienced
What we do Health / Medical services
Qualifications Certificate level
Parktown Hospital is looking to hire a receptionist with excellent organizational and administrative skills. Hospital receptionists are expected to be compassionate and discrete with superb time management and record-keeping skills.
To ensure success, a hospital receptionist should be a confident and professional administrator with fantastic communication and interpersonal skills who will contribute to the efficient day-to-day administration of the healthcare facility. Top candidates will work comfortably under pressure while multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment and can effectively react to patient emergencies.
Hospital Receptionist Responsibilities:
- Greet and attend to patients in person and over the phone.
- Professionally assist doctors, nurses, staff, visitors, and patients.
- Maintain business inventory such as checking supplies, scheduling equipment, and maintenance repairs.
- Answer all phone calls in a professional and courteous manner.
- Perform all duties within the Health Professions Authority and Ministry of Health and Child Care’s regulations.
- Maintain confidentiality of all doctor, staff, and patient information.
- Schedule appointments between doctors and patients.
- Liaise between medical departments with discretion and professionalism
- Adhere to policy and procedures during all activities.
- Assist with admissions/treatment as per agreed protocols.
- Ensure that stock levels are adequate and orders are made timeously.
- Communicate medical results to patients under clinical supervision.
- Complete accurate documentation of patient visits.
Hospital Receptionist Requirements:
- Minimum of 5 0′ Levels
- Qualification in Secretarial Studies or a related field
- Office administration course is an added advantage
- Computer literacy (Competency in Microsoft Applications)
- Highly motivated, Pleasant personality, good interpersonal skills, excellent communication skills, active listening skills, good organisational skills, must be empathetic, paying attention to detail, willing and able to work under pressure at times
- Working knowledge of medical terminology, HPA regulations, etc, are highly advantageous
Share this job with friends and relativesSorry, Applications have been closed.
Related Jobs in Zimbabwe
Dispensary Assistant – Chitungwiza Full time
Administrative Assistant Full time
Optometrists X2 Full time
Operating Theatre Nurse Full time
Senior Theatre Nurse Full time