Quantity Surveying Technician
- Full time
- @Gwanda State University (GSU) posted 2 months ago
- Posted : 5 January 2024 -Accepting applications
Career Level Qualified / Experienced
Experience 3 Years
What we do Education / Teaching & Training
Qualifications Diploma level
Gwanda State University (GSU) is a prestigious higher education institution located in Gwanda, Zimbabwe. The university, currently situated at the former Epoch Mine in Gwanda, is dedicated to providing quality education and fostering academic excellence.
GSU is in the process of constructing its main campus on an 87-hectare site in Gwanda, accompanied by a 2.5-hectare farm in Filabusi. As an esteemed educational institution, GSU offers a conducive environment for personal and professional growth.
Gwanda State University is looking for a skilled Quantity Surveying Technician to join our dynamic team. As a Quantity Surveying Technician, you will play a crucial role in supporting our Department of Physical Planning, Works and Estates. This position offers competitive remuneration, along with medical aid, leave, and pension benefits to the successful candidate.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Attend meetings with various university departments/units to document project requirements and prepare project scopes and/or bills of quantities.
- Measure construction works for university infrastructural projects.
- Assist in the technical evaluation of tenders.
- Prepare project cost estimates and material schedules.
- Prepare project cost variation schedules and project cost reconciliations.
- Provide advice on project cost cutting measures.
- Liaise with the department’s Clerk of Works on project sites to gather relevant information on ongoing and completed construction works.
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders to ensure efficient project delivery.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date project records and documentation.
- Stay updated on industry standards and best practices in quantity surveying.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum of a Higher National Diploma (HND) qualification in Quantity Surveying.
- Possession of a Certificate in Project Management is an added advantage.
- Minimum of three (3) years of post-qualification experience.
- Strong team player with the ability to work collaboratively.
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office Package and Quantity Surveying software.
- Knowledge of the Tendering Process.
- Able to work under minimum supervision.
- Ability to read construction drawings.
Conditions of Service: Medical Aid, Leave and Pension Benefits are offered. The information on salary and other benefits will be made available to the short-listed candidates.
How to Apply
Submit soft copies of each of the following in a single continuous PDF file: application letter, certified copies of educational and professional certificates, national identity card, birth certificate and curriculum vitae giving full personal particulars including full name, place and date of birth, qualifications and previous employment and experience, present salary, date of availability, telephone number, email address, names and addresses of three referees including email addresses.
Share this job with friends and relativesSorry, Applications have been closed.