- Part time
- @Work In Zimbabwe posted 1 week ago
- Posted : 18 March 2023 -Accepting applications
Career Level Qualified / Experienced
Experience 3 Years
What we do NGO / NPO & Charity
Qualifications Diploma level
Gonarezhou Conservation Trust is looking for a responsible Project Coordinator to administer and organize all types of projects, from simple activities to more complex plans.
The Project Coordinator’s responsibilities include working closely with the Project Manager to prepare comprehensive action plans, including resources, timeframes and budgets for projects.
The Project Coordinator will form part of a diverse team made up of Gonarezhou Conservation Trust (GCT) staff, external contractors/service providers and consultants implementing a donor-funded project in the Gonarezhou National Park. The role of the Project Coordinator will be to coordinate the implementation and reporting of the project, strictly in line with donor requirements and GCT policies in the Gonarezhou National Park.
The coordinator role will be a challenging role requiring a highly organised individual, with experience in accounting and grant/financial management, along with practical experience in coordinating complex projects with tight deadlines and demanding logistical requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities
- With the GCT team, plan and coordinate the roll-out of all activities under the project;
- Support the process of the recruitment of the consulting team advising on the project;
- In collaboration with the GCT procurement team, the donor and the consulting team, prepare, oversee and execute the procurement process for assets and key elements of the project;
- Develop and coordinate the reporting framework for the project, ensuring reports to the donor are accurate and on time;
- With key team members, develop and report on the progress of the overall project and the key elements based on the log frame and expected timelines;
- Support the finance team in the correct allocation of expenses against the planned budget as well as coordinating timely financial reports and draw-downs;
- Manage the implementation of and compile reports on key Environmental and Social Safeguard systems for the project;
- Ensure strict compliance with donor rules and regulations relating to the project;
- With the GCT finance team, prepare and support the annual external auditing of the project.
Qualifications And Experience
- Internationally recognised qualification in the field of Accounting, Finance and/or Project Management – a combination of Financial and Project Management experience preferred;
- 3 to 5 years experience in running donor-funded, practical projects or financial management experience;
- Experience in working with a diverse team including external contractors and consultants;
- Experience with donor relations and grant reporting;
- Full and clean driver’s license;
- Highly organised and conscientious;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and preferably one other local language;
- A natural problem solver.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter outlining how their experience will assist them to excel in this position as well as copies of academic certificates, professional qualification(s) and driver’s license together with detailed CVs (along with at least 2 contactable referees).
Related Jobs in Zimbabwe
Senior Technical Officer Full time
Graduate Trainees Recruitment Internship
Heavy Equipment Operators X3 Full time
Civil Engineering Technician Full time
District Planner Full time