- Full time
- @Goal Zimbabwe posted 3 weeks ago
- Posted : 29 January 2024 -Accepting applications
Career Level Qualified / Experienced
Experience 3 Years
What we do NGO / NPO & Charity
Qualifications Diploma level
GOAL Zimbabwe, is a reputable international NGO dedicated to providing humanitarian assistance and sustainable development solutions in Zimbabwe.
With a strong focus on procurement excellence, GOAL Zimbabwe works tirelessly to ensure the efficient and effective delivery of supplies, services, and works to support their programs. Join a dynamic team committed to making a positive impact on the lives of people in need.
GOAL Zimbabwe is looking for a highly motivated and experienced Procurement Officer to join their dynamic team. As a Procurement Officer, you will play a crucial role in ensuring the timely and compliant procurement of supplies, services, and works. Your expertise in procurement processes and adherence to regulations will contribute to the successful implementation of GOAL Zimbabwe’s programs.
This is an excellent opportunity to make a difference and contribute to the organization’s mission. The position offers a competitive salary, allowances, and other incentives.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Procure supplies, services, and works efficiently to obtain the best value for money.
- Ensure timely delivery of assigned program supplies, services, and works.
- Provide weekly procurement updates and reports as required.
- Execute any other duty assigned by supervisor or management.
- Responsible for assigned procurement, mostly of lower to middle value.
- Conduct appropriate solicitation for supplies, services, and works in compliance with GOAL’s Purchasing and Logistics Policies and Guidelines Systems.
- Ensure all procurement complies with external donor requirements and local government regulations.
- Secure the best value for money based on GOAL and donor procurement and logistics criteria.
- Collaborate with logistics units such as warehousing, transport, and finance departments to ensure accountable and timely delivery of aid.
- Support the creation, review, update, and maintenance of the list of suppliers in the Vendor Roster as assigned.
- Compile all documentation and forward the “Procurement paper trail” to Finance, ensuring timely settlement of invoices.
- Receive and record user requests on the Order Tracking System.
- Prepare Bid Analysis and Purchase Orders/Contracts for supplies, services, and works as required.
- Participate in vendor evaluation.
- Follow up and ensure timely delivery of all procured supplies, services, and works.
- Create and update folders for all procurements in SharePoint.
- Participate in supplier visits and verification when necessary.
- Establish and maintain sound relations with suppliers and stakeholders.
Logistics and Operations:
- Commit to adhering to and respecting the Logistics and Operations policies and procedures. Resources:
- Generate own leave plans and ensure accrued leave is taken according to the plan.
- Participate in performance management, planning, and achieving set objectives.
- Complete and submit time sheets to HR monthly.
- Contribute to recruitment, selection, and talent management as assigned.
- Ensure compliance with the HR manual and related policies.
Finance and Compliance:
- Commit to adhering to and respecting compliance policies, including Whistleblowing, Anti-Fraud, and Conflict of Interest policies.
- Adhere to all Finance policies and procedures.
Qualifications and Experience:
- A relevant Degree/HND with a major in Logistics & Supply Chain management and/or equivalent.
- Membership of a professional body (C.I.P.S) in supply chain management is a distinct advantage.
- At least 3 years of experience in logistics/procurement systems management with an international NGO.
- Experience in dealing with purchasing compliance requirements of institutional donors regarding purchasing is an added advantage.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Upholds a high degree of honesty and integrity.
- Proficiency in using standard computer software, particularly Microsoft Word and Excel.
Please note that this Job Description serves as a guide for the available position, and GOAL Zimbabwe reserves the right to make changes. Interested applicants are advised to apply as early as possible, as adverts may be closed once the right candidate is found.
Share this job with friends and relativesSorry, Applications have been closed.