- Full time
- @Tobacco Industry & Marketing Board (TIMB) posted 3 weeks ago
- Posted : 18 May 2023 -Accepting applications
Career Level Qualified / Experienced
Experience 2 Years
What we do Agriculture / Farming & ForestryGovernment & Parastatals
Qualifications Bachelors DegreeProfessional Course
The Tobacco Industry & Marketing Board (TIMB), a regulatory body responsible for overseeing the production, marketing, and export of tobacco in Zimbabwe, is inviting applications from suitably qualified and experienced persons to fill in the position of Procurement Assistant that has risen within TIMB.
The Procurement Assistant will be responsible for providing support to the Procurement Officer in the procurement process, including sourcing, purchasing, and inventory management. You will report to the Procurement Officer and work closely with other members of the procurement team.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Compiling, recording, issuing and updating tender documents and specifications.
- Ensuring that the evaluating committees are properly constituted.
- Providing secretarial services to site meetings, tender opening meetings and evaluation committees.
- Carrying out vendor appraisals and due diligence on suppliers.
- Assisting in preparing evaluation reports for the Procurement Regulatory Authority of Zimbabwe for tenders that require prior reviews.
- Preparing weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports.
- Assisting the Procurement Officer with the Procurement Plan.
- Performing any other duty as assigned by the Procurement Officer.
Qualifications and Experience
- Degree in Supply Chain Management or related field.
- Holder of a Diploma from the Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (CIPS).
- At least 2 years of postgraduate experience in Public Procurement.
- Communication skills.
- Negotiation skills.
- Data analysis skills.
- Mathematically competent.
- Appreciation of Microsoft Office packages.
How to Apply
If interested submit an application letter, certified copies of qualifications and a detailed CV.
Share this job with friends and relativesSorry, Applications have been closed.
Related Jobs in Zimbabwe
Stores and Procurement Controller Full time
External Evaluator Full time
Director Finance, Human Resources and Administration Full time
Youth Engagement Officer Full time
Innovation Hub Manager Full time