- Full time
- @Southsea Investments posted 2 weeks ago
- Posted : 26 May 2023 -Accepting applications
Career Level Qualified / Experienced
Experience 3 Years
What we do Retail / FMCG & Wholesale
Qualifications Bachelors Degree
An exciting opportunity has arisen for suitably qualified and self-driven individuals in one of the leading FMCG companies in Zimbabwe to fill in the position of Procurement Administrator.
The role exists to ensure 100% availability of the organization’s stock through establishing dependable supply sources and purchasing all materials to the business’s exact business requirements.
The Procurement Administrator will be responsible for managing procurement processes, including supplier selection, contract negotiation, and purchase order management.
The successful candidate will work closely with cross-functional teams to ensure timely and cost-effective procurement of goods and services.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analyze customer buying patterns, understand seasonal trends, and predict future trends
- Use scientific ordering to ensure zero stock-outs in the warehouse
- Order and replenish inventory from local and foreign suppliers
- Make follow-ups via emails and calls with suppliers
- Negotiate deals and promotions with suppliers on behalf of the organization
- Track and monitor incoming shipments through constant engagement with suppliers and agents
- Ensure supplier listing is done once authorized by both Category Buyer and Procurement Executive
- Ensure suppliers pay off new store launch fees before orders for the new store are done
- Ensure communication is issued out to stores on time and monitor adherence to the set pricing models
- Obtain Importation Licenses from the Ministries of Industry and Commerce either manual and or online applications and ensure licenses are paid up
- Implement the overall organizational Promotion strategy in line with the objectives of the organization
- Coordinate promotions and participating products for promotions as agreed with suppliers
- Ensure that department Licenses are available before orders are done i.e. Liquor License
- Liaise with the clearing agents and ensure all export documents are in place timeously for clearing shipments
Qualifications and Experience:
- Degree in Purchasing and Supply, Business Management, or any relevant commercial degree or equivalent.
- A minimum of 3 years of procurement experience working in an FMCG environment.
- Strong negotiation and contract management skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Share this job with friends and relativesSorry, Applications have been closed.
Related Jobs in Zimbabwe
Stores and Procurement Controller Full time
Procurement and IT Officer Full time
Stock Controller: Finished Goods Full time
Sales Assistant Full time
Procurement Intern Internship