Principal Assistant Bursar (Kwekwe) – Midlands State University
- Full time
- @Midlands State University (MSU) posted 3 weeks ago
- Posted : 10 March 2023 -Accepting applications
Career Level Supervisor / Manager
Experience 5 Years
What we do Education / Teaching & Training
Qualifications Masters Degree
We are looking for a Principal Assistant Bursar to assist in running the day-to-day operation of our university, like collecting tuition fees and managing accounts receivable/payable.
Your main responsibilities include management of our budget, procurement and payment of supplies and setup of our financial procedures. You will also undertake general and financial administrative tasks (e.g. managing employment contracts, ensuring compliance with the law and contacting local authorities.) To be successful in this role, you should be able to perform multiple tasks in a timely and effective manner, under minimum supervision.
Ultimately, you should ensure the smooth financial and operational management of our university, in compliance with regulations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Preparation of monthly financial statements
- Management of Investment Portfolio
- Government grants accounting and reconciliations
- Validate traveling and subsistence documents
- Maintain a report of all telegraphic transfers and acquittals
- Preparation of cashflow projections
- Prepare monthly ledger reconciliations
- Check all journals to be posted in the system
- Run monthly trial balance
- Check all year end schedules
- Prepare year end audit program and procedures
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- A Degree in Accounting
- Master’s Degree in Accounting
- Professional qualifications such as ACCA / CIMA / CA / CGIAZ / CPA an added advantage
- Knowledge of Sage Evolution
- At least five (5) years of accounting experience
Applicants must submit copies of applications with the following: application letter, certified certificates and curriculum vitae giving full details of names, place and date of birth, experience, present salary, date of availability, contact telephone number (s) and names and email addresses of three referees.
Midlands State University is an equal opportunities employer. In the interest of promoting gender parity, female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Share this job with friends and relativesSorry, Applications have been closed.
Related Jobs in Zimbabwe
Microfinance Officer – Mutare Full time
Dispensary Assistant – Chitungwiza Full time
ICT Support Officer – Bulawayo Full time
Debtors Clerk Part time
Accounts Clerk Full time