POSB Internship Program 2024
- @People’s Own Savings Bank (POSB) posted 1 month ago
- Posted : 10 January 2024 -Accepting applications
Career Level Student
What we do Accounting / Banking & Finance
Qualifications Still studying
The People’s Own Savings Bank (POSB) is a reputable financial institution in Zimbabwe, licensed and supervised by the Reserve Bank of Zimbabwe. Established in 1904, POSB is dedicated to mobilizing savings for national development.
With a rich history and a strong commitment to serving the community, POSB operates through the extensive infrastructure network of the Post Office. Joining POSB means becoming part of a trusted institution that plays a crucial role in the country’s financial landscape.
POSB is looking for motivated individuals to participate in their 12-month Internship Program. As an intern, you will have the opportunity to gain practical experience in the banking sector and contribute to the dynamic team at POSB.
This internship program provides a valuable platform for individuals pursuing a degree in Banking or a related field to develop their skills and knowledge. Successful candidates will receive a competitive academic record and will be exposed to various aspects of the banking industry. Remuneration and allowances will be provided to interns.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in daily banking operations, including customer service and cash handling.
- Learn about and support various departments within the bank, such as loans, deposits, and account management.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of banking procedures and policies.
- Participate in customer relationship management activities, ensuring a high level of service and satisfaction.
- Gain exposure to risk management practices and assist in identifying and mitigating potential risks.
- Support the bank’s marketing efforts by promoting banking products and services to customers.
- Collaborate with team members to achieve organizational goals and targets.
- Conduct research and analysis on industry trends and best practices to support decision-making processes.
- Assist in organizing and participating in training and development programs for staff.
- Contribute to the maintenance of accurate and up-to-date records and documentation.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree in Banking or equivalent from a reputable institution.
- Competitive academic record demonstrating strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Honest, innovative, and eager to learn about the banking industry.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and ability to adapt to new software applications.
- Prior experience or knowledge in the banking sector is an advantage but not required.
Share this job with friends and relativesSorry, Applications have been closed.