- Full time
- @Work In Zimbabwe posted 2 months ago
- Posted : 5 January 2024 -Accepting applications
Career Level Qualified / Experienced
Experience 1 Year
What we do Government & Parastatals
Qualifications Diploma level
Binga Rural District Council is a quasi-government entity responsible for overseeing and managing rural development in Binga District, Zimbabwe.
The council plays a vital role in planning and implementing strategies to promote sustainable growth, infrastructure development, and land use management within the district. With a focus on improving the lives of the local community, Binga Rural District Council aims to create a thriving and inclusive environment for residents.
Binga Rural District Council is looking for a dedicated and skilled Planning Technician (Grade: 7) to join the company’s dynamic team. As a Planning Technician, you will work closely with the Planning Officer to support various planning activities within the district.
Your role will involve tasks such as site surveying, stand pegging, layout designing, data analysis, and assistance in the preparation of development plans. This position offers an attractive remuneration package and opportunities for professional growth.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform site surveying and accurately peg stands within the district.
- Design layouts for residential, commercial, industrial, and institutional stands, ensuring adherence to regulations and standards.
- Gather and analyze relevant data related to land use, population demographics, and infrastructure in the rural district.
- Assist in the preparation of surveys and studies to assess development needs and formulate appropriate strategies.
- Collaborate in the preparation and revision of rural development plans, including land use plans, zoning schemes, and local development strategies.
- Utilize GIS, AutoCAD, and 3D Draughting software to create maps, diagrams, and visual aids supporting planning proposals and documents.
- Provide technical support in the development and implementation of planning policies, by-laws, and regulations.
- Respond to public inquiries, providing information on planning regulations, processes, and plans.
- Assist in the management of planning applications, including reviewing, recording, and processing applications for land use changes, development permits, and building permits.
- Monitor and enforce planning regulations, ensuring compliance with approved plans and regulations.
- Actively participate in community consultation and public meetings to gather input and feedback.
- Stay updated on relevant legislation, best practices in rural planning, and emerging issues affecting the district.
- Prepare reports and recommendations for the Planning Officer based on research and analysis.
- Perform any other duties delegated by the Planning Officer in line with the role.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Hold at least a Higher National Diploma in Rural and Urban Planning Development or an equivalent qualification from a recognized institution.
- Possess knowledge and proficiency in GIS, AutoCAD, and 3D Draughting software.
- Minimum age requirement of 22 years and above.
- Have a minimum of 1 year of experience in a similar planning role.
Remuneration and Benefits:
The Planning Technician position at Binga Rural District Council offers an attractive remuneration package that includes competitive salary and benefits. Details will be discussed during the interview process.
Interested applicants who meet the qualifications and experience for this position should submit their applications, detailed CVs, and certified certificates to the Chief Executive Officer.
Share this job with friends and relativesSorry, Applications have been closed.