- Full time
- @Work In Zimbabwe posted 2 months ago
- Posted : 11 January 2024 -Accepting applications
Career Level Qualified / Experienced
Experience 1 Year
What we do Health / Medical services
Qualifications Registered / Valid LicenseBachelors Degree
Our client is a reputable healthcare organization in need of a skilled Pharmacist to join their team. With a strong commitment to providing quality healthcare services, our client strives to improve the well-being of patients and the community.
As a leading player in the healthcare sector, they uphold strict regulatory standards and foster a collaborative and supportive work environment.
Our client is looking for a dedicated and knowledgeable Pharmacist to join their dynamic team. In this role, you will be responsible for overseeing the administration and management of the pharmacy, ensuring regulatory compliance, and maintaining proper stock control.
Your expertise and attention to detail will contribute to the seamless operation of the pharmacy and the delivery of high-quality patient care.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure regulatory compliance in all pharmacy operations, including proper documentation and adherence to relevant laws and guidelines.
- Manage and control inventory in the pharmacy stores and hospital, monitoring stock levels, expiration dates, and storage conditions.
- Dispense medications accurately and efficiently to inpatients and outpatients, following prescribed dosages and instructions.
- Control and manage the emergency drug cupboard, ensuring the availability of essential medications and proper documentation of usage.
- Provide help, advice, and information to patients and customers regarding medications, potential side effects, and proper usage.
- Maintain effective communication with doctors regarding prescription errors, changes, out-of-stock items, and provide drug information as required.
- Manage and supervise pharmacy assistants/technicians, ensuring their work is efficient, accurate, and in compliance with established protocols.
- Maintain cleanliness and organization in the pharmacy, pharmacy stores, and emergency drug cupboard.
- Prepare and provide reports, as requested, regarding pharmacy operations, stock levels, and other relevant metrics.
- Stay updated on pharmaceutical industry developments, new medications, and best practices, contributing to continuous improvement initiatives.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Degree in Pharmacy or Pharmacology.
- Valid license to practice as a Pharmacist.
- Detailed understanding and knowledge of dosage requirements, administration, chemical compounds, and pharmaceutical brands.
- Minimum of 18 months of experience in a similar position, demonstrating a solid grasp of pharmacy operations and patient care.
- Excellent attention to detail and a strong focus on accuracy in all aspects of work.
- Physical and mental fortitude to handle the demands of the role effectively.
- Professionalism in dealing with patients, colleagues, and other stakeholders.
- Sharp alertness, analytical thinking, and keen observation skills.
- Exceptional communication skills to effectively interact with patients, doctors, and other healthcare professionals.
Share this job with friends and relativesSorry, Applications have been closed.