Personal Assistant to the Chief Operating Officer (COO)
- Full time
- @Zimbabwe School Examinations Council (ZIMSEC) posted 2 weeks ago
- Posted : 20 November 2023 -Accepting applications
Career Level Qualified / Experienced
Experience 3 Years
What we do Education / Teaching & TrainingGovernment & Parastatals
Qualifications Diploma level
Zimbabwe School Examinations Council (ZIMSEC) is an internationally accredited examinations board operating under the Ministry of Primary and Secondary Education in Zimbabwe.
As an autonomous parastatal, ZIMSEC is responsible for assessing, evaluating, and documenting the academic readiness, learning progress, and skill acquisition of students at the primary and secondary school levels.
Zimbabwe School Examinations Council (ZIMSEC) is looking for a detail-oriented and proactive Personal Assistant to join the Chief Operating Officer’s (COO) office.
As a Personal Assistant, you will provide comprehensive administrative and secretarial support to the COO, ensuring the smooth functioning of their office and enhancing operational efficiency.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prioritize and manage the COO’s schedule, acting as a gatekeeper and ensuring a balanced allocation of time to various tasks.
- Organize and coordinate the COO’s contributions to Directorate and board meetings, including handling necessary paperwork and ensuring deadlines are met.
- Arrange travel arrangements and logistical requirements for the COO, such as venues, agendas, and hospitality.
- Handle and monitor the COO’s correspondence, ensuring timely responses and tracking progress on actions and deadlines.
- Assist the COO in meeting deadlines through proactive actions and timely reminders.
- Manage the COO’s email correspondence and maintain an organized filing system.
- Act as a front-facing representative for the Chief Operating Officer’s office, handling public relations matters professionally.
- Provide support to other Personal Assistants and their Directors when required.
- Maintain confidentiality and exercise discretion in handling sensitive information.
- Collaborate with colleagues and stakeholders at all levels to ensure effective communication and coordination.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum of five O-Level passes, including English Language, preferably with two A-Level passes.
- Holder of a full Diploma/Higher National Diploma in Secretarial Studies.
- Degree in Office Management or equivalent.
- Qualification in Public Relations is desirable.
- Proficient in computer skills and familiar with office productivity tools.
- At least three years of experience providing PA support to senior executives, including diary management, filing system maintenance, presentation preparation, and minute-taking.
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Strong experience in planning executive meetings and preparing accurate minutes and reports.
- Exceptional relationship-building skills and the ability to work collaboratively with individuals at all organizational levels.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong multitasking abilities and the capacity to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Flexible and adaptable with a proactive and solution-oriented approach.
To apply, interested and qualified individuals should submit a single PDF file containing their application, curriculum vitae, and educational/professional qualifications. The application should include contact telephone numbers and the names of at least three referees.
Share this job with friends and relativesSorry, Applications have been closed.
Related Jobs in Zimbabwe
Marketing Officer Full time