- Full time
- @Norwegian People’s Aid (NPA) posted 2 weeks ago
- Posted : 21 November 2023 -Accepting applications
Career Level Qualified / Experienced
Experience 3 Years
What we do NGO / NPO & Charity
Qualifications Certificate levelRegistered / Valid License
Norwegian People’s Aid (NPA) has been involved in Humanitarian mine action since 1992 and is one of the leading humanitarian demining organizations worldwide.
NPA works closely with national authorities and other stakeholders to resolve the challenges in the local communities caused by landmines and other explosives remnants of war. NPA has been working in Zimbabwe since 2013 with its administrative office based in Mutare.
Norwegian People’s Aid (NPA) is looking for a dynamic Paramedic or Nurse with trauma experience to join our organization. As a Paramedic, you will play a crucial role in providing pre-hospital trauma life support and accident and emergency care when required.
Join our dynamic team and make a difference in the lives of individuals affected by landmines and explosive remnants of war.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide pre-hospital trauma life support when required.
- Provide accident and emergency care when required.
- Provide primary care when required.
- Accept responsibility for team Health & Safety.
- Take responsibility for the assigned medical equipment, its care, and daily inspections.
- Be responsible for keeping the ambulance hygienically clean and ensuring all medical equipment is operational.
- Report to the Task Supervisor and the Medical Coordinator if any on-site medical requirements are not met before operations.
- Provide appropriate medical briefings before demining operations.
- Adhere to appropriate safety precautions to minimize the risk of fire, explosion, electrical shock, and equipment malfunction.
- Prepare, check, and maintain medical equipment before any procedure.
- Maintain adequate stock levels using checklists.
- Assemble and prepare disposable/reusable items for medical procedures using the aseptic technique if required.
- Ensure faulty equipment is removed from use and reported to the Medical Coordinator.
Qualifications and Experience:
- 5 O Level passes.
- Valid practicing license.
- Paramedic or Nurse certification with trauma response expertise.
- Basic deminers course.
- At least 3 years of experience in a related field.
- Proven ability to maintain required documentation.
- Class 4 driver’s license is an added advantage.
Share this job with friends and relativesSorry, Applications have been closed.
Related Jobs in Zimbabwe
Marketing Officer Full time