- Full time
- @Strategic Synergy posted 4 weeks ago
- Posted : 4 March 2023 -Accepting applications
What we do Mining / Metals & Oil
Qualifications Bachelors Degree
We are seeking a highly skilled Mining Engineer to come on board. You will be responsible for providing strategic and operational expertise to the mine’s technical functions including planning, survey, geology, drill & blast area to ensure that the life of mine plans is prepared in a structured, accurate and timely manner to improve the overall productivity of the company. Additionally, the Mining Engineer shall provide day-to-day management of its direct reports including performance management and career development.
The Mining Engineer will be in charge of the mine design and mine planning as input for the mining contractors. The incumbent will also provide oversight and technical support to ensure the mining production requirements are met, in the short, medium and long term. The mining contractors will report to the Mining Engineer to ensure the mining contracts are executed efficiently and safely.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Driving of signing off mine contractor’s payment certificates
- Responsible for ensuring definition of the Mine Planning processes, systems, inputs, planning guidelines and outcomes
- Responsible for defining the system support requirements and ensuring their introduction and effective utilisation to deliver timely and accurate mine plans and schedules
- Responsible for the reporting of progress against plan, highlighting variances and action required to address these
- Responsible for the evaluation and interpretation of the Geological model and the preparation of an optimised Mine plan and mining sequence, ensuring delivery of the following:
- Budget outcomes
- Mining and support services direction
- Meeting all legal obligations
- Delivering the required outcomes within the constraints of the current equipment
- Responsible for the evaluation of geological data and resource information and the provision of regular reserve reconciliations to enable accurate reserve depletion status to be determined
- Responsible for the transfer of knowledge and training of other employees within the Mining Technical Department.
Qualifications and Experience
- Degree in Mining Engineering.
- A minimum of 15 years of mining experience including in long term planning.
- Experience with open pit operations.
- Application in mining software and strong in:
- Mining Contractor Management and Project Management experience
- Experience in coordinating the mining process;
- Experience in annual budget planning
- Sharp focus on technology
- Experience in Mine Design and Mine Planning
- Working experience in a hard rock underground mining
- Experience in Grade control
- Proficient in project management.
Share this job with friends and relativesSorry, Applications have been closed.
Related Jobs in Zimbabwe
Hybrid Auto Mechanic Full time
Production Supervisor – Steel Full time
Electrician Full time
Batch Plant Manager Full time
Technical Sales Personnel Full time