Mining Contracts Officer / Shift Boss X3
- @Zimasco posted 2 weeks ago
- Posted : 26 May 2023 -Accepting applications
Career Level Supervisor / Manager
Experience 5 Years
What we do Mining / Metals & Geology
Qualifications Diploma level
Zimasco (Pvt) Limited is a leading ferrochrome producer in Zimbabwe, committed to providing high-quality products to our customers.
We are seeking a highly skilled Mining Contracts Officer / Shift Boss to join our team and oversee the day-to-day operations of our mining contracts.
The Mining Contracts Officer / Shift Boss will be responsible for managing the mining contracts operations, ensuring compliance with safety and environmental regulations, and coordinating with vendors and contractors.
The successful candidate will work closely with cross-functional teams to ensure timely and efficient mining operations. This is a 3-year fixed-term employment contract, renewable and subject to performance.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Managing the mining contracts operations, including coordinating with vendors and contractors
- Managing Tributor and Contractor – run mining operations to ensure the achievement of set production targets.
- Production Scheduling including contractor ore trucking schedules.
- Production Tonnage Reconciliation.
- Mining Cost Control.
- Monitoring of contractor ore breaking, screening and sorting activities.
- Stock – pile Management Quality Control.
- Ensuring compliance with safety and environmental regulations
- Overseeing the shift operations and ensuring that targets are met
- Coordinating with cross-functional teams, including geologists, engineers, and plant personnel, to ensure efficient mining operations
- Maintaining accurate records and documentation of mining activities
- Developing and implementing safety and environmental policies and procedures
- Providing regular reports to management on mining contracts operations
- Assisting with other tasks and projects as needed
Qualifications and Experience:
- BSc. Degree in Mining Engineering or National Diploma in Mining.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience as Senior Overseer Miner / Overseer Miner.
- Experience in hard rock mining (surface or underground) and or Narrow seam dyke mining for at least 3 years.
- A holder of a Full Blasting Licence.
- Sound knowledge of HS and EP practices.
- Class 4 Driver’s licence.
- Mine Manager Certificate of Competency is an added advantage
Share this job with friends and relatives
Related Jobs in Zimbabwe
Mining Projects Engineer Full time
Mining Technical Assistant Temporary
Logistics Supervisor Full time
Mining Rig Operator Full time
Capstan Operator Temporary