- Full time
- @Green Fuel Zimbabwe posted 1 month ago
- Posted : 15 January 2024 -Accepting applications
Career Level Qualified / Experienced
Experience 5 Years
What we do Energy Fuels & Power
Qualifications Diploma level
Green Fuel is a leading provider of environmentally friendly and sustainable renewable vehicle fuel and electricity in Zimbabwe. Our estates, located in Chipinge, span over 40,000 hectares in the Chisumbanje Estate and 10,000 hectares in the Middle Sabi Estate.
We have been awarded National Project Status by the Government of Zimbabwe for our Green Fuel Ethanol Project, which aims to reduce greenhouse gas emissions and improve air quality.
Green Fuel is looking for a skilled and experienced Mechanical Draughtsman to join our dynamic team. As a Mechanical Draughtsman at Green Fuel, you will play a crucial role in collaborating with engineering personnel to perform drafting and design responsibilities. Your expertise and attention to detail will ensure adherence to design specifications and standards set by Green Fuel.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and draw detailed 2D and 3D engineering drawings using computer-aided drafting (CAD) software to depict functional relationships of equipment, components, assemblies, systems, and machines.
- Collect initial drawings, calculations, and design ideas from engineers and consolidate relevant data into coherent and complete initial design models for review and modification.
- Analyze and revise design documents and plans, verifying dimensions and materials, and coordinate with engineers to resolve any errors.
- Coordinate directly with engineers, project managers, and teams to understand project requirements, verify design details, and recommend modifications according to company standards and best engineering practices.
- Assist in ongoing projects to standardize and unify designs by participating in meetings and preparing presentation materials as required.
- Design scale or full-size blueprints of specialty engineering designs as required.
- Identify and communicate potential design problems to the rest of the team.
- Review and analyze specifications, sketches, drawings, ideas, and related data to assess factors affecting component designs and the procedures and instructions to be followed.
- Compute correct Bill of Quantities to guide and expedite projects materials.
- Ensure that all implemented drawings are approved by the Factory Engineer and maintain proper record-keeping of such drawings.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum of ND in engineering drafting with professional Auto-CAD certification.
- At least 5 years of experience in the field of mechanical drafting.
- Excellent organizational, planning, and technical communication skills with engineers and manufacturing/production personnel.
- Capable of developing schematics and models of individual components as well as complete architecture.
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to apply cost-effective designs that meet standards.
- Ability to work within strict deadlines, with accuracy, organization, and minimal supervision.
- Experience in a sugar milling environment will be an added advantage.
To apply, interested and qualified personnel should submit proof of personal, academic, and professional qualifications.
Share this job with friends and relativesSorry, Applications have been closed.