MEAL Officer – LINCZ Project
- @Work In Zimbabwe posted 4 weeks ago
- Posted : 31 January 2024 -Accepting applications
Career Level Qualified / Experienced
Experience 5 Years
What we do NGO / NPO & Charity
Qualifications Diploma level
Score Against Poverty (SCORE) is a community-based organization located in the Mwenezi District of Zimbabwe. SCORE actively works in diverse projects relating to food security, nature-based solutions, biodiversity promotion, water and sanitation, and climate change and clean energy. Committed to making a significant impact, SCORE prioritizes locally led initiatives, sustainable solutions, and inclusive strategies.
SCORE is looking for a motivated Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability, and Learning (MEAL) Officer to join the organization’s dynamic team. As the MEAL Officer, you will play a crucial role in the Locally Led Indigenous Nature-Based Solutions for Climate Change Adaptation in Zimbabwe (LINCZ) project.
This is a 1-year renewable position, and you will be responsible for developing and implementing a comprehensive monitoring and evaluation framework, collecting and analyzing data, conducting impact assessments and reporting, facilitating knowledge sharing, and collaborating with project partners.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and establish a comprehensive monitoring and evaluation framework, including indicators, targets, data collection methods, and reporting mechanisms aligned with project objectives.
- Regularly review and update the monitoring and evaluation plan in collaboration with the project team and stakeholders.
- Oversee the collection, collation, and analysis of data from project activities to track progress and assess the effectiveness of nature-based solutions for climate change adaptation.
- Ensure the accuracy, reliability, and timeliness of data through the use of appropriate data management systems and tools.
- Lead impact assessments and evaluations to measure the project’s contributions to improved low carbon, climate resilient economies and enhanced biodiversity in Mwenezi district.
- Prepare regular progress reports, periodic evaluations, and other documentation to communicate project results to relevant stakeholders.
- Facilitate learning sessions and knowledge-sharing workshops to disseminate best practices, lessons learned, and success stories among project staff and partners.
- Encourage adaptive management and continuous improvement based on evaluation findings and emerging knowledge.
- Collaborate with project partners, local stakeholders, and government agencies to ensure their active involvement in monitoring and evaluation activities and knowledge-sharing processes.
- Promote a culture of learning and data-driven decision-making within the project team and among partners.
- Provide training and capacity-building support to project staff and partners in monitoring, evaluation, and reporting techniques, ensuring data quality and consistency.
- Diploma or degree in Monitoring and Evaluation, Research, Statistics, Project Management, Social Work, or any relevant field.
- Proven experience of at least 5 years in monitoring and evaluation or any related work.
- Ability to develop and implement data collection tools, conduct data analysis, and produce reports.
- Knowledge of different inclusive monitoring and evaluation methodologies and approaches, including quantitative and qualitative methods.
- Strong analytical skills to interpret data and identify trends, patterns, and insights.
- Ability to analyze and synthesize complex information into clear and concise reports.
- Proficiency in using data visualization tools to present findings in a visually appealing and easy-to-understand format.
- Knowledge of best practices for data quality assurance and quality control.
- Familiarity with participatory approaches and tools for engaging project participants/beneficiaries, including people living with disabilities, women and girls, families, and communities in MEAL.
- Ability to facilitate learning events, workshops, and training for program staff and stakeholders.
- Experience in using data management systems, databases, and software for data collection, analysis, and reporting.
- Knowledge of mobile data collection tools and technologies for field data collection.
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and prioritize work.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
To apply, kindly submit a CV and a motivation letter (each 1-page max), all combined in a single PDF document on or before 6 February 2024.
Share this job with friends and relativesSorry, Applications have been closed.