- Full time
- @Midlands State University (MSU) posted 4 weeks ago
- Posted : 2 February 2024 -Accepting applications
Career Level Qualified / Experienced
Experience 3 Years
What we do Education / Teaching & Training
Qualifications Bachelors Degree
Midlands State University (MSU) is a renowned institution of higher learning located in Gweru, Zimbabwe. As a leading university, MSU is committed to academic excellence, research, and innovation. Join MSU and contribute to the vibrant educational environment and impactful research initiatives.
Midlands State University is looking for a dynamic Marketing Officer to join the university’s Research and Innovation Office in Gweru. As a Marketing Officer, you will play a crucial role in establishing and maintaining productive relationships within MSU’s academic and research community.
Your responsibilities will include assessing the commercial potential of intellectual property, conducting market surveys, and identifying potential industry partners. This position offers an exciting opportunity to contribute to the university’s innovative and entrepreneurial culture.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Establish and maintain productive relationships with MSU’s academic and research community to stimulate awareness of intellectual property issues and commercial opportunities.
- Engage directly and proactively with academic departments to identify MSU’s intellectual property with potential for commercial exploitation.
- Assess the commercial potential of MSU intellectual property based on uniqueness and market potential.
- Conduct market surveys and pilot testing of products and services.
- Identify potential industry partners for specific commercialization opportunities.
- Engage in technology licensing and new venture formation processes.
- Carry out any other duties as assigned by the Research and Innovation Office.
- Conduct market research and analysis to identify emerging trends and opportunities.
- Develop and implement marketing strategies and campaigns to promote MSU’s intellectual property and research initiatives.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to create marketing materials, including brochures, presentations, and online content.
- Utilize digital marketing techniques to enhance the visibility of MSU’s intellectual property and research achievements.
- Monitor and analyze the effectiveness of marketing efforts and provide recommendations for improvement.
- Stay updated with industry developments and best practices in intellectual property commercialization and marketing.
Qualifications and Experience:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Marketing is required.
- At least three (3) years of working experience in a research and development environment.
- Strong leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills at all levels within and outside the university.
- Proven ability to build and maintain relationships with diverse stakeholders.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficiency in market research techniques and data analysis.
- Knowledge of intellectual property management and commercialization processes.
- Experience in technology licensing and new venture formation is desirable.
- Familiarity with digital marketing strategies and tools.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
CONDITIONS OF SERVICE
Medical Aid, Leave and Pension Benefits are offered. More details including salary, benefits and other conditions of service will be communicated to successful candidates.
*NB: Midlands State University is an equal opportunities employer. In the interest of promoting gender parity, female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Applicants must submit copies of applications with the following: application letter, certified certificates and curriculum vitae giving full details of names, place and date of birth, experience, present salary, date of availability, contact telephone number (s) and names and email addresses
Application documents must be in a single-scan pdf format.
Share this job with friends and relativesSorry, Applications have been closed.