Locum Nurse Providers (Kadoma, Gokwe & Bulawayo)
- Part time
- Various locations
- @Population Services Zimbabwe (PSZ) posted 2 months ago
- Posted : 15 January 2024 -Accepting applications
Career Level Qualified / Experienced
Experience 2 Years
What we do Health / Medical servicesNGO / NPO & Charity
Qualifications Registered / Valid LicenseDiploma level
Population Services Zimbabwe (PSZ) is an affiliate of MSI Reproductive Choices and is one of the largest specialized Sexual and Reproductive Health (SRH) organizations in Zimbabwe.
Established in 1987, PSZ complements the Ministry of Health and Child Care in providing quality and affordable general health and SRH services across all provinces in Zimbabwe.
Population Services Zimbabwe (PSZ) is looking for a dedicated and highly skilled Locum Nurse Provider to join the company’s dynamic team. This role requires expertise in assessing clients’ reproductive health needs, providing counselling on family planning and sexually transmitted infections, and delivering other sexual reproductive health services.
As a Locum Nurse Provider, you will contribute to maintaining high standards of infection prevention, ensuring accurate record-keeping, and actively participating in stock management and report writing. Join PSZ and make a significant impact on the provision of quality healthcare services in Zimbabwe.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assess clients’ reproductive health needs and provide appropriate counselling and advice on family planning, sexually transmitted infections, and other sexual reproductive health services.
- Practice and maintain high standards of infection prevention at all times, strictly adhering to clinic protocols.
- Maintain accurate and confidential client records, ensuring compliance with privacy and data protection regulations.
- Participate in stock management, including monitoring and replenishing medical supplies as needed.
- Contribute to generating additional clients, retaining existing clients, and cross-selling PSZ services.
- Collaborate with stakeholders at provincial and district levels, representing PSZ at meetings and events.
- Augment service provision in primary healthcare, family planning, and other sexual reproductive health services.
- Conduct counselling sessions, providing clients with information on various methods of family planning to facilitate informed decision-making.
- Stay updated on modern family planning methods and receive certification in Intrauterine Contraceptive Devices (IUCD) and Implants.
- Collaborate effectively with the multidisciplinary team and demonstrate a high sense of responsibility in carrying out duties.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Diploma in General Nursing, Midwifery, or a Clinical Services Diploma.
- Possession of a Forensic License (M.C.A.Z).
- Current Practising Certificate from the Nurses Council of Zimbabwe.
- Proficiency in modern family planning methods, with training and certification in IUCD and Implants.
- Minimum of 2-3 years of post-qualification experience and Family Planning Training.
- Strong team player with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in the respective local language(s) (e.g., Ndebele & Shona) used in the area of operation.
How to Apply:
Applications must include a cover letter, curriculum vitae, and contact details of three referees. This application is open only to Zimbabwean nationals or permanent residents with work permits. Early applications are encouraged as shortlisting and interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Share this job with friends and relativesSorry, Applications have been closed.