Loans Officer – Bulawayo (AgroBusiness)
- Full time
- @EmpowerBank Limited posted 2 months ago
- Posted : 7 April 2023 -Accepting applications
Career Level Qualified / Experienced
Experience 2 Years
What we do Accounting / Banking & Finance
Qualifications Bachelors Degree
An exciting opportunity has arisen at Empowerbank for a Loans Officer within the Bank’s Bulawayo branch. Therefore, qualified and experienced candidates are encouraged to apply. The incumbent will be expected to process loan applications in compliance with the bank’s credit policy.
In this position, you will act as a liaison between applicants and our financial institution, helping qualified applicants obtain loans and set up payment plans. Your duties will include meeting with applicants, preparing loan proposals, and examining active loans.
The ideal candidate will have experience managing different types of loans including home loans, business loans, and individual loans. To succeed in this role, you should demonstrate excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Meet with loan applicants to identify their needs and collect information for loan applications.
- Analyze active loan files on a regular basis and recommend solutions to speed up the loan process.
- Complete loan contracts and teach clients on policies and regulations.
- Interview applicants to define financial eligibility and establish debt payment plans.
- Monitor and update account records.
- Submit loan applications in a timely manner.
- Prepare detailed loan proposals.
- Reject loan applications and explain deficiencies to applicants.
- Respond to applicants’ questions and resolve any loan-related issues.
- Operate in compliance with laws and regulations.
Qualifications And Experience
- Diploma/Degree in AGRICULTURE IS A MUST
- Clean Driver’s licence (2 years older) is a MUST
- Minimum of two years of experience as Field Officer or Loans Officer in a financial institution
- Residents of Bulawayo & Matabeleland areas are encouraged to apply.
- Fluency in Ndebele language is an added advantage
How to Apply
Copies of all educational and professional qualifications including Driver’s licence MUST accompany all applications.
Share this job with friends and relatives
Related Jobs in Zimbabwe
Operations Clerk Full time
Reconciliations Manager Full time
Sales Consultant Full time