Instruments Design Engineer
- Full time
- @Verify Engineering posted 1 month ago
- Posted : 12 January 2024 -Accepting applications
Career Level Qualified / Experienced
Experience 2 Years
What we do Construction / Engineering
Qualifications Bachelors DegreeProfessional Qualification
Verify Engineering is a reputable engineering company based in Harare, and Mutare. The company is wholly owned by the government of Zimbabwe through Harare Institute of Technology. With a strong commitment to excellence and innovation, our company specializes in designing and developing control systems and instruments for various industrial processes.
Through our expertise in control engineering, instrumentation, and automation, we deliver efficient and reliable solutions that contribute to the success of our clients’ operations.
Verify Engineering is looking for a talented Instruments Design Engineer to join our dynamic team in Harare. As an Instruments Design Engineer, you will be responsible for designing, developing, and maintaining control systems and instruments used in industrial processes.
Your role will involve combining your expertise in control engineering, instrumentation, and automation to create innovative solutions for process control and measurement. We are seeking an individual who is highly skilled, motivated, and capable of delivering outstanding results.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design and develop control systems and instruments for industrial processes.
- Collaborate with the Technical Services Manager and other team members to understand project requirements and specifications.
- Conduct feasibility studies and evaluate the performance of existing control systems.
- Create detailed design specifications and documentation for control system components.
- Collaborate with suppliers and manufacturers to select appropriate instruments and equipment.
- Develop and implement control algorithms to optimize process performance.
- Test and validate control systems to ensure their efficiency and reliability.
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues related to control systems and instrumentation.
- Stay updated with industry trends and advancements in control engineering and instrumentation.
- Provide technical support and guidance to colleagues and clients.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Electronics Engineering, Control Engineering, or Instrumentation Engineering from a recognized university.
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant experience in designing control systems and instruments.
- Registration with a Professional Engineering Board is required.
- Strong knowledge of control system design, instrumentation principles and devices, process automation, communication protocols, and industrial networking.
- Familiarity with safety standards and regulations related to control systems and instrumentation.
- Proficiency in programming and configuring PLCs or DCS systems.
- Experience with control system software and simulation tools.
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Effective communication and teamwork abilities.
- Attention to detail and a commitment to delivering high-quality work.
Share this job with friends and relativesSorry, Applications have been closed.