- Full time
- @Midlands State University (MSU) posted 1 month ago
- Posted : 2 February 2024 -Accepting applications
Career Level Qualified / Experienced
Experience 3 Years
What we do Education / Teaching & Training
Qualifications Bachelors Degree
Midlands State University (MSU) is a prestigious institution of higher learning in Zimbabwe. Known for its commitment to academic excellence and research, MSU provides a wide range of educational programs and promotes innovation and knowledge creation.
As an equal opportunities employer, MSU encourages diversity and gender parity in its workforce. Join MSU and contribute to the advancement of education and research in Zimbabwe.
Midlands State University (MSU) is looking for a skilled and dynamic ICT Officer to join its team in Gweru. As an ICT Officer, you will play a crucial role in maintaining and troubleshooting network and computer-related issues.
You will ensure the efficient operation of applications and equipment, provide technical support to users, and contribute to the implementation of security measures. This position offers a competitive salary, benefits, and opportunities for professional growth within the university.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain and troubleshoot all network and computer-related issues.
- Integrate security and physical control solutions for confidential data and systems.
- Monitor performance and manage parameters to provide fast responses to front-end users.
- Respond to support requests and assist users with technical issues through desktop software, e-mail, and phone conversations.
- Ensure all applications and equipment are in efficient operation, replacing or repairing peripheral devices such as printers, modems, and routers.
- Provide technical advice on the most suitable software, hardware, and other IT requirements.
- Assist with high-performance computing tasks.
- Collaborate with the team to develop and implement IT policies and procedures.
- Stay updated on emerging technologies and trends in the field of information technology.
- Carry out any other duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
Qualifications and Experience:
- A relevant Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or Computer Sciences.
- Minimum of three (3) years of working experience in a similar role.
- Strong leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills at all levels.
- Excellent problem-solving abilities and attention to detail.
- Proficiency in network administration, hardware, software, and security systems.
- Knowledge of high-performance computing will be an added advantage.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
CONDITIONS OF SERVICE
Medical Aid, Leave and Pension Benefits are offered. More details including salary, benefits and other conditions of service will be communicated to successful candidates.
*NB: Midlands State University is an equal opportunities employer. In the interest of promoting gender parity, female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Applicants must submit copies of applications with the following: application letter, certified certificates and curriculum vitae giving full details of names, place and date of birth, experience, present salary, date of availability, contact telephone number (s) and names and email addresses
Application documents must be in a single-scan pdf format.
Share this job with friends and relativesSorry, Applications have been closed.