Human Resources Officer
- Full time
- @Almond Africa posted 1 week ago
- Posted : 17 March 2023 -Accepting applications
Career Level Qualified / Experienced
Experience 3 Years
What we do Other professional services
Qualifications Bachelors Degree
Almond Africa, a leading player in the pest control, cleaning, landscaping, and waste management space, is looking to employ an HR officer with excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. The HR officer is expected to be knowledgeable of employment legislation and possesses strategic and commercial insight into the labour process. He or she must be able to negotiate with diplomacy.
To ensure success, a Human Resources Officer should display excellent organizational skills, good time-management skills, and the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment. A top HR officer should possess remarkable conflict management and decision-making skills to ensure employee compliance.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Maintain compliance with labour laws and other regulations relating to employment
- Guide recruitment processes and participate in the selection of suitable staff for vacant positions to ensure the best candidates are engaged,
including the development of recruitment and selection methods.
- Initiate and implement need-based training and development programs so that staff have the requisite skills to perform as expected.
- Plan and conduct new employee orientation/induction to foster a positive attitude to organisational goals
- Conduct employee appraisals and exit interviews in liaison with management
- Coach and advise employees regarding HR programs, practices and procedures
- Represent the organisation at HR-related hearings and investigations
- Communicate proactively and work with managers to resolve employee concerns and issues
- Manage the Payroll system
- Maintain accurate employment records of salaries, leave, employment contracts, hiring, termination, transfers, staff appraisals and staff
- Coordinate participation in programmes and contribution schemes such as pension plans, NEC, NSSA, etc.
- Prepare employee separation notices and related documentation
- Conduct periodic salary surveys
- Plan and organise special projects and programs such as employee recognition awards, long service awards ceremonies, etc.
- Perform compensation administration (e.g., medical aid, funeral policies, etc.)
Qualifications And Experience
- Degree in Human Resources Management, Social Science or related qualification
- IPMZ (Institute of Personnel Management Zimbabwe) qualification is an added advantage
- At least 3 years of proven work experience in the human resources field
- Knowledge of payroll administration systems, (Belina, Touchstone, Softrite, etc.)
- Knowledge of HR systems and Zimbabwean Labour Laws
- Clean Class 4 Drivers Licence
- High level of integrity and confidentiality
- Ability to strategise and implement policies and procedures
- Good communication skills (verbal and written)
- Highly organised and good multi-tasker
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to interact with diverse people groups
To apply, please submit your CV and application letter, copies of all academic and professional certificates and at least two reference letters.
Related Jobs in Zimbabwe
Graduate Trainees Recruitment Internship
Client Services Clerk Temporary
Social Worker Attachment Internship
Town Secretary Full time
Project Officer Full time