Human Resources Manager
- Full time
- @Work In Zimbabwe posted 2 months ago
- Posted : 9 January 2024 -Accepting applications
Career Level Supervisor / Manager
Experience 6 Years
What we do NGO / NPO & Charity
Qualifications Bachelors DegreeProfessional Qualification
Zvitambo Institute for Maternal and Child Health Research is a multidisciplinary public health research institute based in Harare, Zimbabwe. Established with the mission of helping children survive and thrive through research, Zvitambo focuses on tackling malnutrition, infectious diseases, and providing all children with a healthy start in life.
In partnership with the Ministry of Health and Child Care, Zvitambo conducts research studies and operates as a non-profit company. Join our dynamic team and contribute to our mission of improving maternal and child health outcomes. Zvitambo Institute for Maternal and Child Health Research is looking for a dedicated and experienced Human Resources Manager to join our organization.
As the Human Resources Manager, you will play a crucial role in supporting our research teams across various sites and projects. You will be responsible for overseeing all human resources functions, ensuring a positive working environment, and supporting the achievement of our research objectives. We offer a competitive remuneration package and additional benefits to attract and retain top talent.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement human resources strategies and policies to support the overall research objectives of Zvitambo Institute.
- Coordinate staffing activities, including recruitment, selection, and induction processes.
- Manage employee relations, handle disciplinary issues, and ensure compliance with employment law, health, and safety regulations.
- Advise the Director on employment law matters, health and safety policies, and safeguarding practices.
- Oversee performance management processes, including job grading and evaluation, and implement a robust performance management system.
- Review and refine existing policies and procedures, and develop new ones as needed to align with best practices and organizational requirements.
- Advise on a suitable benefits package for staff, considering market trends and employee needs.
- Ensure accurate and timely processing of payroll and maintain HR information systems.
- Lead Zvitambo’s communications and public relations strategy, with a particular focus on the organization’s website.
- Manage a team of HR professionals, providing guidance, support, and performance feedback.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management or a relevant field.
- Professional Diploma in Labour Relations Management.
- Membership in the Institute for Personnel Management in Zimbabwe.
- Minimum of 6 years of relevant work experience in reputable organizations.
- Proven experience in handling various human resources matters, including recruitment and selection, performance management, benefits administration, disciplinary issues, health and safety, and institutional safeguarding policies.
- Sound knowledge of local labour laws and experience with addressing grievances.
- Experience in job grading and implementing performance management systems.
- Proficiency in payroll administration and statutory payments.
- Experience in drafting and implementing organizational policies and procedures.
- Prior experience in team management and a people-oriented approach.
- Excellent communication skills in English and Shona, both written and verbal.
- Computer literacy with practical experience in word processing and spreadsheet programs.
To apply, include a cover letter, CV, and supporting documents combined as one single PDF document.
Share this job with friends and relativesSorry, Applications have been closed.