Human Resources Assistant
- Full time
- @Bantwana Zimbabwe posted 1 month ago
- Posted : 29 January 2024 -Accepting applications
Career Level Qualified / Experienced
Experience 2 Years
What we do NGO / NPO & Charity
Qualifications Bachelors DegreeProfessional Qualification
Bantwana Zimbabwe, a reputable non-governmental organization (NGO) in the human development sector, is seeking a talented Human Resources Assistant to join their dynamic team.
With a strong commitment to improving the lives of vulnerable communities, Bantwana Zimbabwe implements various programs and initiatives to empower individuals and promote sustainable development across the country.
Bantwana Zimbabwe is looking for a resourceful and proactive Human Resources Assistant to support the organization’s human resource function. As a crucial member of the HR team, you will assist in implementing HR policies and procedures, coordinating recruitment efforts, supporting staff development initiatives, and ensuring compliance with labour laws.
This role offers an exciting opportunity to contribute to the success and growth of Bantwana Zimbabwe while making a positive impact on the lives of individuals and communities.
- Support the rollout and implementation of HR policies and procedures in alignment with Bantwana Zimbabwe standards and national labour law requirements.
- Assist in the execution of staffing and recruitment plans, including coordinating job postings, screening applications, and scheduling interviews.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of staff learning and development strategies, including organizing training sessions and workshops.
- Facilitate the orientation and onboarding process for new employees, ensuring a smooth transition into the organization.
- Assist in accurately tracking and managing staff leave, including maintaining leave records and updating relevant systems.
- Process new contracts, contract extensions, staff transfers, and other changes in employment status, adhering to established procedures.
- Support disciplinary processes, including documentation and communication, in compliance with organizational policies.
- Provide timely and efficient service in responding to HR-related inquiries and requests from staff members.
- Collaborate with the payroll team to ensure accurate and timely processing of payroll and related administrative tasks.
- Coordinate staff meetings, including scheduling, preparing agendas, and taking minutes.
- Manage personnel files, ensuring all relevant documents are sourced, accurately filed, and regularly updated.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management (HRM) or a related field.
- Professional qualification in Human Resources Management and membership of a recognized HR management body.
- Proficient in computer applications such as MS Office, including Excel, Power Email, and internet usage.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in human resources management, preferably within an NGO context.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with strong interpersonal abilities.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to multitask effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Flexibility and willingness to perform duties and work irregular hours as required.
- Fluency in English is essential, with knowledge of Shona and/or Ndebele considered desirable.
To apply for this position, please submit a cover letter, CV including three referees (name, organization, phone number, and email address) to firstname.lastname@example.org with the position title in the subject line.
Share this job with friends and relativesSorry, Applications have been closed.