Graduate Trainee: Software Developer
- @Lupane State University (LSU) posted 13 hours ago
- Posted : 19 September 2023 -Accepting applications
Career Level Qualified / Experienced
What we do Education / Teaching & Training
Qualifications Bachelors Degree
Lupane State University has served northwest Zimbabwe’s educational needs since 2014. As the region’s largest public institution of higher learning, LSU impacts over 5,000 students annually through diverse academic programs and research.
Lupane State University seeks motivated graduates for a Software Developer traineeship. Successful candidates will gain hands-on experience working with internal teams on live projects.
This Graduate Trainee program will prepare graduates for careers in software development through practical, mentorship-based learning experiences within a growing organization.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist in designing, coding, testing and implementing web applications
- Configure and maintain databases using MySQL, PHPMyAdmin
- Apply Agile methodologies such as Scrum and Kanban in an development cycle
- Document code, manage source control and ensure best coding practices
- Participate in daily stand-ups, sprints, retrospectives and refine process
- Research and implement modern open source tools and technologies
- Consider computing systems, security and scalability in all work undertaken
Qualifications & Experience:
- Honours degree in Computer Science or related field
- Experience with object-oriented design and development lifecycles
- Proficiency in MySQL, PHP, HTML and working knowledge of additional languages
- Strong interests in continued self-directed study and personal growth
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated with ability to work independently and within diverse teams
Interested and qualified persons should send one set of their applications in a single PDF file. The application should consist of the application letter and curriculum vitae giving full personal details including full names, place and date of birth, qualifications, experience, present salary, date of availability, names, e-mail addresses and telephone numbers of at least three referees, certified copies of educational and professional certificates, birth certificate and National Identity Card.
Share this job with friends and relativesLogin to Apply