Graduate Trainee: Procurement
- @Work In Zimbabwe posted 1 week ago
- Posted : 19 March 2023 -Accepting applications
Career Level Qualified / Experienced
What we do Other professional services
Qualifications Bachelors Degree
A local company is looking for a youthful and energetic procurement graduate trainee to assist their company in its purchasing activities and ensure that purchased items are both cost-efficient and of high quality. The Graduate Trainee: Procurement will run for a period of 24 months (2 years).
Responsibilities include assisting staff, maintaining positive supplier relations, evaluating supply options, taking part in approving purchases, and maintaining accurate records.
To be successful as a Graduate Trainee: Procurement you should have an analytical mind and keep up with product and service trends. Ultimately, a top procurement graduate should be able to negotiate well and ensure that all purchases comply with company standards.
Graduate Trainee: Procurement Responsibilities:
- Taking part in the procurement process and all activities of the purchasing department.
- Assist in preparing plans to purchase equipment, services, and supplies.
- Following and enforcing the company’s procurement policies and procedures.
- Comparing, analyzing products and services to be purchased.
- Monitoring inventories and maintaining accurate purchase and pricing records.
- Maintaining and updating supplier information such as qualifications, delivery times, product ranges, etc.
- Maintaining good supplier relations and negotiating contracts.
- Researching and evaluating prospective suppliers.
- Assisting in preparing budgets, cost analyses, and reports.
Graduate Trainee: Procurement Requirements:
- At least 5 “O” Levels including English and Mathematics
- Degree in Supply Chain Management or equivalent
- Upper Second Class (2.1) or better
- Strong negotiation and analytical skills
- Highly computer literate
- Must be aged below 25 years.
Interested candidates should submit applications with detailed curriculum vitae and certified copies of birth, academic and professional certificates.
Share this job with friends and relativesSorry, Applications have been closed.
Related Jobs in Zimbabwe
Warehouse Supervisor Full time
Internship: Junior Graphic Designer Internship
Sales and Marketing Graduate Trainee Internship
2-year Graduate Traineeship Program Internship
Procurement & Administration Assistant Full time