Geographical Information Systems (GIS) Assistant
- Full time
- @Work In Zimbabwe posted 4 weeks ago
- Posted : 8 February 2024 -Accepting applications
Career Level Qualified / Experienced
Experience 1 Year
What we do Other professional servicesNGO / NPO & Charity
Qualifications Bachelors Degree
The HALO Trust is the world’s largest Mine Action organization, addressing the impact and drivers of conflict in 30 countries and territories. With over 12,000 staff, HALO’s primary duty is to serve people affected by conflict by clearing landmines and explosive remnants of war that threaten lives and livelihoods. As an organization committed to creating operational efficiency and empowering communities, HALO is launching the “Women in GIS for Demining” project in partnership with the Trimble Foundation. This project aims to hire and train female GIS officers, utilizing geospatial technologies to make a lasting impact on conflict-affected communities.
The HALO Trust is looking for a dynamic Geographical Information Systems (GIS) Assistant to join our team. As a GIS Assistant, you will play a crucial role in information management, providing support and geospatial products to field teams and program management. You will ensure that data is accurate and fit for purpose, contributing to the improvement of our GIS capabilities. This position offers an exciting opportunity to work with cutting-edge technology and make a difference in conflict-affected areas.
- Assist field operations by providing training, data, maps, and GIS tools.
- Support field teams in setting up and effectively using ArcGIS Survey123, ArcGIS Field Maps, and Trimble GNSS receivers.
- Conduct quality assurance and quality control of spatial data collected in the field to ensure its suitability for the intended purpose.
- Produce GIS mapping products to aid program management and reporting.
- Maintain GIS web maps and feature services, and provide suggestions for improvements.
- Manage Survey123 and ArcGIS Field Maps offline maps for use by field operation teams.
- Perform other related GIS duties as required.
Qualifications, Experience, and Key Attributes:
- Degree in Geographical Information Science or a related field.
- Minimum of 1 year of relevant experience.
- Strong desire and motivation to learn and apply GIS and technology effectively.
- Basic knowledge of GIS theory and proficiency in using software such as ArcGIS or QGIS.
- Experience in delivering training and excellent presentational skills.
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite.
- Good communication skills, with the ability to work with individuals from diverse backgrounds, cultures, and religions.
- Resilience and adaptability in a complex, fast-paced, and changing environment.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Click here to complete the application form.
- Upon filling in the form on step 1, Click on the “Apply” button below to submit your application letter and a detailed CV.
Share this job with friends and relativesSorry, Applications have been closed.