- Full time
- @Minerals Marketing Corporation of Zimbabwe (MMCZ) posted 2 months ago
- Posted : 11 January 2024 -Accepting applications
Career Level Director / Executive
Experience 10 Years +
What we do Mining / Metals & Geology
Qualifications Masters DegreeProfessional Qualification
The Minerals Marketing Corporation of Zimbabwe (MMCZ) is a leading organization dedicated to revealing Zimbabwe’s mineral wealth and heritage. With a strong focus on marketing, selling, and value addition of minerals, as well as national minerals resource accounting, MMCZ plays a vital role in driving the growth and development of the mining sector.
Established with the objective of promoting responsible and sustainable mineral exploitation, MMCZ ensures compliance with policies, governance guidelines, and relevant statutes. Join MMCZ and be part of a dynamic team that contributes to the advancement of Zimbabwe’s mineral industry.
MMCZ is looking for a versatile and strategic General Manager to join their dynamic team. As a key member of the organization, the General Manager will be responsible for formulating short, medium, and long-term action plans and targets aligned with the overall strategy and vision of MMCZ.
This role involves translating the Corporation’s strategy into actionable operational metrics, monitoring delivery, and taking remedial action when necessary. The General Manager will also ensure compliance with policies, governance guidelines, and national regulations, while providing policy advice to the MMCZ Board, Ministry of Mines and Mining Development, and Government. Remuneration and other incentives will be discussed during the selection process.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Formulating short, medium, and long-term action plans and targets for the Corporation in line with the overall strategy and defined vision, mission, and objectives.
- Leading the translation of the Corporation’s strategy into appropriate operational metrics, monitoring delivery, and instituting remedial action where necessary.
- Ensuring compliance with policies, governance guidelines, national policies, and relevant statutes.
- Managing the business planning and financial forecasting cycles for the Corporation.
- Monitoring budget performance, variances, and initiating corrective action.
- Providing policy advice to the MMCZ Board, Ministry of Mines and Mining Development, and Government.
- Collaborating effectively with internal and external stakeholders to drive the Corporation’s strategic objectives.
- Leading and motivating a high-performing team to achieve desired outcomes.
- Overseeing the implementation of best practices in mineral marketing, sales, value addition, and national minerals resource accounting.
- Continuously evaluating market dynamics and identifying opportunities for business growth and development.
- Ensuring the highest level of integrity and ethical conduct in all business operations.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Commercial or mining-related degree.
- Postgraduate/Master’s degree.
- A relevant professional qualification.
- Minimum of 10 years’ relevant experience leading at a senior level.
- Proven track record of achieving set targets at the highest level.
- High-level collaborative skills.
- Results-oriented mindset.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Impeccable integrity.
- Strategic orientation.
Interested individuals who meet the above requirements should submit their applications accompanied by a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae and certified copies of academic and professional certificates.
Share this job with friends and relativesSorry, Applications have been closed.