General Hand / Driver
- Full time
- @Work In Zimbabwe posted 7 days ago
- Posted : 19 March 2023 -Accepting applications
Career Level Qualified / Experienced
What we do Manufacturing & Warehousing
Qualifications O-Level / A-Level
Marcandice Private Limited, which specialises in manufacturing and supplying Medical Consumables, Medical PPE and Industrial PPE, is looking for a male general hand / driver preferably with past experience as a general hand and with a clean class 2 driver’s license, to fill in the vacant position within our organization.
Besides driving the company’s vehicles and delivering or collecting various goods and items, you should also be able to take up manual labour tasks and support operations in worksites. To be successful as a General Hand / Driver you must be able to perform a wide variety of tasks that require stamina and an eagerness to learn on the job. A good General Hand/Driver is able to understand instructions and carry them out efficiently within the given deadline.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintaining the offices by sweeping, vacuuming, mopping floors
- cleaning doors, furniture, and windows and disinfecting.
- Monitoring and keeping track of routine inspection and maintenance activities as the day progresses.
- Emptying waste bins into waste bags and carrying the waste bags to collection points- washing and rearranging bins when required
- Pick up and deliver messages, documents, packages, and other items between offices or departments.
- Set up, arrange, and remove decorations, tables, and chairs to prepare facilities for events such as ceremonies or meetings.
- Keep all public spaces neat and tidy (mow, trim lawns, etc.)Notify managers concerning the need for major repairs or additions to the building operating system.
- Ensure all doors are locked and all appliances have been switched off after operating hours.
- Transport clients/ packages to and from the destination assigned.
- Responsible for maintaining the vehicle and reporting any faults.
- Be available to cover other facilities staff due to annual leave or other leave.
- Any other duties assigned.
Qualifications and Experience
- Be physically fit and able to carry heavy machinery and work well under pressure.
- Class 2 driver’s license.
- Defensive Drivers Certificate is an added advantage.
- Minimum of 5 O’ Levels.
- Computer literacy is an added advantage.
Related Jobs in Zimbabwe
Heavy Equipment Operators X3 Full time
Energy Supervisor (Southern Region) Full time
Refuelling Driver (Bulawayo) Full time
Refuelling Driver (Harare X2) Full time
Refuelling Assistant Full time