Fitter and Turner
- Full time
- @Work In Zimbabwe posted 2 weeks ago
- Posted : 26 May 2023 -Accepting applications
Career Level Qualified / Experienced
Experience 3 Years
What we do Other professional services
Qualifications Apprenticeship JourneypersonDiploma level
A local company is looking for a highly skilled and detail-oriented Fitter and Turner to join their team. The successful candidate will be responsible for fabricating, fitting, and assembling the structural components of various mechanical systems.
The role requires the ability to analyze blueprints, keep accurate records of maintenance work, repair malfunctioning mechanical systems, and collaborate with other Fitters on large-scale projects.
The ideal candidate will have a strong mechanical aptitude, attention to detail, and the ability to work independently.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assembling machines, interpreting engineering drawings and setting of plant
- Understanding of ISO9001 of 2015, environmental and occupational health
requirements in the industry.
- Constructing structural components from raw materials, using welding equipment to fuse structural components.
- Inspecting fabricated components to ensure they meet the required specifications.
- Using shears, power saws, cutting torches, and chipper knives to cut structural components as needed.
- Creating a maintenance schedule and performing system maintenance accordingly.
- Conduct diagnostic testing on malfunctioning systems to determine the root cause of the malfunction.
- Replacing damaged or defective structural components as needed.
- Adhering to all work-site safety rules and regulations.
- Ensures plant availability targets are met.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Class 1 Trade Testing.
- National Diploma or Degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience.
- Class 4 driver’s license is an added advantage.
Share this job with friends and relativesSorry, Applications have been closed.
Related Jobs in Zimbabwe
Technical Director Full time
Graduate Trainee: Process Chemist Internship
Draftsman Full time
Instrumentation And Control Technician Full time
Motor Mechanic Full time