Finance Interns X2 (REF:SOS19/1/24)
- @SOS Children’s Villages Zimbabwe posted 4 weeks ago
- Posted : 22 January 2024 -Accepting applications
Career Level Student
What we do Education / Teaching & Training
Qualifications Still studying
SOS Children’s Village Zimbabwe is a reputable organization dedicated to providing support and care for vulnerable children and families in Zimbabwe. With a focus on community development, SOS CV Zimbabwe works tirelessly to create a safe and nurturing environment for children in need.
SOS CV Zimbabwe is looking for two Finance Interns to join their dynamic team in Harare. The successful candidates will have the opportunity to gain practical work experience and transferrable skills while contributing to the organization’s mission of supporting the community.
This 12-month internship program offers a valuable learning opportunity for accounts students to develop their skills and make a positive impact.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Providing summary reports of business transactions to facilitate the preparation of Financial Statements.
- Maintaining complete files of financial documents.
- Ensuring accurate and complete records of financial transactions.
- Providing support during audits by internal and external auditors.
- Facilitating the submission of procurement documents to the procurement office and distributing proof of payment.
- Processing payments and banking in a timely manner.
- Updating the inventory and assets registers.
- Ensuring compliance with systems of internal control in all facilities in the location.
Qualifications and Competencies:
- Currently studying towards a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting from a recognized or reputable institution. The student should be cleared by their institution for an internship.
- Good O’ Level passes inclusive of Maths and English. At least 3 A’ Level passes.
- Excellent academic performance as demonstrated by recent university/education records.
- Declaration of any immediate relatives working with SOS Children’s Villages.
- No other relatives in the reporting line of authority for the discipline applied for.
- Minimum age of 18 years old.
- Additional consideration given to any professional experience relevant to the function applied for.
- Ability to develop effective work plans and priorities to meet business objectives.
- Demonstrated expertise in building effective relationships with key internal customers and stakeholders.
- Good analytical, numerical, and mature problem-solving skills.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office applications such as MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Strong team player with a positive attitude, flexible mindset, and comfortable working in a multi-cultural setting.
Volunteers and interns do not receive a salary but will be provided with a monthly stipend to cover travel/transport expenses.
Interested applicants should submit their applications electronically, including a detailed curriculum vitae (CV) and copies of academic certificates. Please indicate the position being applied for in the email subject line. Applications must be submitted no later than 26 January 2024. Late applications or those without a CV or certificates attached will be disqualified. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Share this job with friends and relativesSorry, Applications have been closed.