Field Officer – Tsholotsho, Umzingwane, and Nyanga
- Various locations
- @Community Technology Development Organisation (CTDO) posted 2 weeks ago
- Posted : 20 November 2023 -Accepting applications
Career Level Qualified / Experienced
Experience 3 Years
What we do NGO / NPO & Charity
Qualifications Bachelors Degree
Community Technology Development Organisation (CTDO) is a reputable non-profit organization dedicated to promoting improved agro-biodiversity, environmental management, food and nutrition security, water and sanitation, as well as policy and advocacy programs. Our mission is to enhance sustainable livelihoods and resilience in communities.
With a strong commitment to equal opportunities, CTDO encourages individuals from diverse backgrounds to join our team. We strive to make a positive impact on the livelihoods of Zimbabweans, particularly in the districts of Tsholotsho, Umzingwane, and Nyanga.
CTDO is looking for a proactive and experienced Field Officer to join our dynamic team. As a Field Officer, you will play a crucial role in the implementation of the Enhanced Livelihoods and Nutrition Adaptation (ELINA) project within Tsholotsho, Umzingwane, and Nyanga districts.
You will be responsible for coordinating and executing project activities, focusing on enhancing food and nutrition security, crop/livestock improvement, capacity building, technology development, testing, adoption, dissemination, and scaling up. This position offers an exciting opportunity to contribute to the sustainable development of rural communities and make a significant difference in people’s lives.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Implement project activities as per the set work plans, guided by the project document and District Coordinator.
- Establish, operationalize, and coordinate project components that enhance food and nutrition security, crop/livestock improvement, capacity building, appropriate technology development, testing, adoption, dissemination, and scaling up.
- Collaborate with relevant stakeholders to ensure effective implementation of project activities and achieve desired outcomes.
- Provide technical support and training to rural communities, promoting the adoption of sustainable agricultural practices.
- Facilitate the establishment and functioning of Care Groups and Farmer Field Schools to enhance community engagement and knowledge-sharing.
- Conduct regular monitoring and evaluation of project activities, collect data, and prepare reports on progress and outcomes.
- Collaborate with the District Coordinator and project team to identify and address challenges and opportunities for project improvement.
- Stay updated on emerging trends and best practices in nutrition, public health, agriculture, and agribusiness.
- Represent CTDO in meetings, workshops, and other relevant forums, actively contributing to knowledge sharing and networking.
- Contribute to the overall strategic planning and decision-making processes of the organization.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Degree in Nutrition, Public Health, Agriculture, or Agribusiness.
- A minimum of three years of experience working with rural communities.
- Experience working in the NGO environment, particularly in the implementation of Care Groups and Farmer Field Schools.
- Ability to work productively under pressure with minimum supervision.
- Excellent presentation, report writing, and communication skills.
- Proficiency in computer applications.
- Possession of a Class 4 or 3 driver’s license.
- Ability to ride a motorbike.
To apply for this position, please submit your application, including certified copies of academic certificates no later than Tuesday, 21st November 2023.
Share this job with friends and relativesSorry, Applications have been closed.
Related Jobs in Zimbabwe
Marketing Officer Full time